PDA

View Full Version : Ts astra remote central locking wont work

Unix43
24th April 2014, 06:16 PM
Hi all. I have researched this problem done everything i can and it still won't work.
I just put a new battery in the remote inserted key into ignition turned onto accessories held the lock button in with doors closed nothing happens. Tried pressing and holding both buttons doors open etc still won't work.
Have no idea what to do next. It's not a massive problem but would be good to have it work as it seems everyone else's does.
Any help would be welcomed. Thanks.

dutchy
24th April 2014, 06:24 PM
battery tray may have come apart in the key. Open the case, fold up a piece of cardboard and put that on top of the battery (so it pushes the battery down), close the case again and retry.

Unix43
26th April 2014, 05:44 AM
Cheers mate, the battery was nearly flat i went to battery world new battery red light flashes but still not working.

DWS 92
26th April 2014, 09:03 AM
You'll need to re-teach the remote by putting it in the ignition, turning to position 2 (the one where all the warning lights come on) and holding the unlock button. The car will lock and then unlock and your key should work again. But as dutchy said stick some cardboard in there otherwise you'll keep having the same issue.

Unix43
27th April 2014, 03:23 AM
Thanks mate. As I said in the first post key is in ignition set to accessories one before engine start holding open button down nothing nada will not resync, tried pressing both buttons holding both buttons doors closed doors open nothing. If the red lights working when I press the buttons surely the battery doesn't need cardboard over it as its making contact fine other wise the light wouldn't come on. Can it be blown fuse?, it just won't resync, I read my manual it says to do the same thing that's been suggested.
"Switch on ignition system will then remain in synchronisation mode for 30 seconds. Briefly press any button on the remote control unit when the unit is in the ignition. The central locking system locks and unlocks to show that the remote control has been programmed". Still will not work....

delemonte
28th April 2014, 11:10 AM
Sorry, are you putting it in accessories or ignition on? You've stated 'one before engine starting' which is correct... 'accessories' will not do though.

Taking away the confusion though, just start the car up and press the button as soon as the engine is started. If it doesn't pair then, then there is another problem.

Unix43
2nd May 2014, 09:44 PM
Ok cheers ill try what you said tomorrow morning. If that fails
What could be the other problem?, iv read alot of google searches on this topic and everyone ends up getting it to work after its re synct, I seem to be an odd one out. I basically got the car a few months ago the caryard has to sell the car legally with an imobaliser I thought the imobaliser works with the central locking keypad button which I now know isnt the case so my car has no imobaliser and the central locking remote wont work. Can it be a fuse?, i think I have to remove the plastic covering near the hand break to get to them other wise i would have allready checked that. Other then that I'm lost for ideas.

Unix43
4th May 2014, 07:42 PM
Still no go. Can it be a fuse for remote central locking?. I'm lost for ideas now.

delemonte
5th May 2014, 11:44 AM
Has that key FOB ever worked with your car? Or did it just stop working after you replaced the battery? If it has never worked with the car, it will need to be programmed with Tech2/Opcom. I can do this for you if you live close by.

If it has worked with the car before, it won't hurt to check fuses but I doubt you'll find anything if the central locking is still working. The OBD2 connector is near the hand brake. The fuse box is behind the compartment at the driver's right knee.

Unix43
5th May 2014, 11:23 PM
Hey thanks Delemonte. I purchased the car around 2months ago and it never worked from the beginning.
Thanks for the offer but I'm in Perth :(. Well I guess checking fuses is out of the question then as you have explained it well. It's strange because the keypad its self is worn to the sh*t either the open or lock button has no rubber on it, its down to just the little round button so that makes me think it was working and used until recently. In the manual it says to replace the FOB at 120k mines on 115k. So I guess the only way I can get this working is to get jipped taking it to holden or find someone that has one of these OBD2 devices?. Their was the inspection light on when I got the car but I never had the warning light come on and I cleared it and it hasn't come up again any chance the FOB failing would set off the inspection light?.
Thanks again.

delemonte
6th May 2014, 09:12 AM
No, I don't see the FOB setting of the inspection light. There are plenty of guys on here from Perth. I'd be surprised if none of them had an Opcom.

The red light on the FOB lights up when you press one of the buttons, right?

dutchy
6th May 2014, 01:22 PM
Not all of them had the red light. My old sri-t didn't have it.

How did you clear the fault ? Do a pedal test and see if if it throws up any codes. Will not give you the answer why your key doesnt work though. Your key is just farked mate. Get a replacement and have it synced to your car.

Unix43
6th May 2014, 02:10 PM
I went to holden to get oil and asked them about a new keypad and they pulled nearly $300 out their behinds $190 for a keypad FOB and $90 to sync it which would take a whole ten minutes. I can buy a shell on ebay for $10 thats the only thing thats worn. Yeah the red light works i went and got a new battery for it because it stopped flashing.
I'm new here so I don't know anyone that's from perth on here. I have a mate that's a mechanic but he works for Nissan unfortunately.

I have a pre September ts the pedal test doesn't work as i have an accelerator cable. I cleared the inspection notice from coming up everytime I started it by holding the trip meter down.

delemonte
6th May 2014, 03:46 PM
Oh, righto. That's the service interval notification on the odometer.

When one of my keys was introduced to a lawn mower, I just bought a complete new one off eBay UK for AUD$50+/-$10 which included the FOB, brand new immobiliser transponder, and brand new key blade and then programmed it with my Opcom. If you think you'll have the car a while, an Opcom isn't a bad investment either... but I'm sure someone from Perth will speak up soon...

delemonte
6th May 2014, 03:47 PM
Generally avoid going to Holden for anything... ;)