PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying driving habits

em
20th January 2005, 02:58 PM
Hi peoples, I would like to get a bigger picture on what the over most annoying driving habbit is.

For me I personally HATE it when people dont indicate. That includes indicating to change lanes and to turn Left or Right. etc. It becomes a problem for me especially when the driver infront brakes suddenly and then turns or swaps lanes without indicating, not only are they encouraging me to ram up the back of them but they also swipe out the person in the next lane, cause lack of blinker/indicator use is usually followed closly by not checking blind spots etc.

I took this from the cally forum:

Recent events have persuaded me to post a how to guide on the use of those little orange lights you occasionally see on the sides of cars!

Lesson 1: Lane Changing

Ladies and gentlemen, if you look to the side of your steering wheel you will notice a long stalk-like lever sticking out like a sore thumb. This is the lever you push down or up to turn on your left or right indicators, signalling to other drivers (yes despite popular belief, other people use the road too!) that you intend to make a turn, or change lanes. Keep in mind that vehicle manufacturers have placed these levers within easy reach of the steering wheel for your convenience and minimal effort is required when operating them (thats right, you don't even have to take your hands off the steering wheel).

And now to clarify some myths about the use of these indicators:

Myth 1: "I do not need to signal my intentions to other drivers, they have telekenesis and should already know of my intentions!" Well there may be some psychics out there but not everyone driving on the road is a medium, so for the vast majority...please indicate.

Myth 2: "I'm too tired, if I push that indicator lever one more time my hand will fall off!" Not true, however if you don't push that indicator lever your other hand resting on window frame may be crushed by the car who is moving into the same lane.

Myth 3: "I don't need to indicate, if i push my way in they will let me through." And if the person in front slams on their brakes, you're stuffed mate. Also, thats what the man who got himself sandwiched between two semi-trailers said.

Myth 4: "I only have to indicate for a split second - everyone on the road will have seen it and knows what i plan to do." Yep, even the guy who just glanced at a nice Porsche on the other side of the road. Please leave your indicators on for atleast 5 seconds before you turn that wheel...

Myth 5: "It's ok to signal after i have made my move, then the other drivers on the road will know what i've just done." Hey mate nice orange lights you got there, what do they mean? Oh you just finished changing lanes! i see now...course i didn't see your car swurve into my lane, i had to wait for the little orange lights to come on before i knew that! Guys and gals, indicators are merely neons if you use them after completing your manouvre...please indicate before you make your move for the same reasons discussed in myth 1!!!

I hope that clears things up a little, indicators are there for a reason and its not hard to use them...

Thank You!

So guys you now know my gripe when it comes to other drivers what are yours????
Hell maybe we can learn something from this, I’m sure I have a DRIVING habit that someone gets annoyed with.

Anonymous
20th January 2005, 03:35 PM
when they drive too slow

Wattie
20th January 2005, 03:37 PM
peple who cant hold a constant speed. and also slow drivers.

Dee
20th January 2005, 03:37 PM
and ppl that sit on ur ass even thou ur speeding

Rhino
20th January 2005, 03:55 PM
It's called the Consetina Effect!

We've all seen it in peak hour traffic. Driver X goes to sleep and realises that there is now a 20 metre gap in front of them... so something that resembles a 'rolling start' drag takes place... and rightly so too! Because this could easily confuse surrounding drivers that Driver X has actually invited them to join his/her lane - no such luck. Having succesfully completed the 'close down', it is now time to jump hard on the anchors and reduce the car speed back to 5/10kmh or stop if 'necessary'.

Consequently, drivers further back on 'the grid' also shut out any potential over taking manouvers by performing the aforementioned technique. Throw a rock in a pond and watch the ripples! Unfortunately the further back you go, the more erratic it gets, speeds get higher, and so does the 'accident/incompetence' rate.

Now, in a desperate bid to reduce this, and better my fuel economy, instead of accelerating up to 60 and then back down to 10 or 0 some 20/30 metres later, I try to hold a constant speed of 20kms (or whatever works). So, by the time I reach the often stopped traffic, they have had time to begin their next sprint leg and there is no need for me to brake at all. What a great idea.

Unfortunately, this means that there will be a gap in front of me that will constantly change size... and without fail, as soon as a gap as wide as Oprah's butt (and sometimes less) opens up, some @#$%^&* has filled it!

a_manda
20th January 2005, 03:56 PM
This d*&$head in a flashy BMW was parked in a Loading Zone at 9am yesterday morning in Blue Street North Sydney. A Courier Van was beeping him to get out of the loading zone so he could park but the stuck up rich snobby bastard continued to sit there and chat on his phone causing a bank up of cars which led for about 100 metres even though he was well aware of the horn tooting from this van.

My pet hate is people in rich ass cars thinking they own the road .... People like this $h!t me to tears.

Oh and another one ... guys in crappy pulsars with P plates trying to race me at a set of lights even though i drive a 1.4L Corsa :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

~Kupu~
20th January 2005, 04:33 PM
people who do something wrong like cut you off then when you beep your horn at you they give you the finger and swear at you as though you are the idiodic person who did the wrong thing not them :evil:

Vampire
20th January 2005, 04:38 PM
Slow drivers on a single lane when i intend on going fast. Also, people that don't indicate properly at roundabouts. I hate that

~Kupu~
20th January 2005, 04:47 PM
yes the non idicating at round abouts is a pain AND people who sit up your bum in stop start traffic and get cranky at you it isnt like you can go any faster.

Dee
20th January 2005, 04:56 PM
people that follow you too closely into a carpark and get the shits when you reverse to straghten up....

~Kupu~
20th January 2005, 04:58 PM
festivas that run up the back of four cars

imay
20th January 2005, 05:24 PM
Where do you start?
Ignorant drivers who wont let ONE other car into the line, or let another car change into their lane. "Get behind, buddy!"
Drivers who insist on using their mobile and think that no one notices, or worse still, the ones who don't care if you can see them holding a conversation with one hand glued to their ear.
Drivers who just have to pull out in front of you even though you are the last car in line and there is nothing for miles behind you.
Drivers who do similar: change into your lane in front of you then turn left suddenly, when there is heaps of space behind you.
Ignorant drivers who reckon it's smart to use the handicap or pram parks in shopping centres because its close to the entrance.
Who got me started on this one . . .
Drivers who can't figure out if this road speed limit is 50, 60, 80 . . . so play it safe and travel at 50.
Drivers who think they are going to get flashed or run into someone if they are halfway over the intersection when the amber comes on, so better stop NOW!
Drivers who can't park.
Drivers who can't reverse.
Drivers who can't (or shouldn't) drive forward.
Drivers who can't, or don't know how to, or more likely, don't care, about checking their brake lights occasionally and changing the globes that have blown.
Drivers who insist on using illegal aftermarket super white headlight globes, and don't adjust their beam accordingly.
Gemini drivers.
Drivers whose head appears in the back door window area . . . how do they reach the steering wheel or see over the dashboard?
Drivers who insist on using the end of my street to try to do burnouts. Get a life!
Drivers who park over my driveway, and get most offended when I ask them to move!

Stay tuned for Chapter 2.

~Kupu~
20th January 2005, 05:28 PM
people who see cops at the side of the road so they slow down to like 40

Dee
20th January 2005, 05:31 PM
people that dont know how to merge onto the highway....

i reckon at all onramps onto highways in qld there should be a mandatory rule saying that if you are on the highway you have to move to the right lane to let the ppl coming onto the highway a chance to merge in

~Kupu~
20th January 2005, 05:47 PM
and the people that merge onto the highway doing like 60 and you are:
a) behind them trying to merge but have to go slow cause they are
OR
b) already on the highway and get pulled infront of by slow merging person

Anonymous
20th January 2005, 06:13 PM
Lets see:
People that don't know what that Pedal on the right is for.
People that try to merge on to Freeways @ 60km/h
Constant Breakers, E.g: Using Brakes when there is no Need.
Constant Right Lane Dordlers.
P Plate Commodore Drivers, For F sake get a Car with Power.
As above trying to do Burnouts in the wet and still failing :lol:
SS Commodore Drivers driving with Spot Lights on :x
Trucks getting the right Lane to overtake and going no where in a Hurry :evil:

Rhino
20th January 2005, 06:48 PM
People that do 80 on a country road when the speed limit is 110.

Then keep doing 80 through a little country town when the speed limit is 60.

Rhino
20th January 2005, 06:50 PM
Cyclists and Moped riders!

I say this with certain restraint since I'm a cyclist myself.

It just took everyone 5 minutes to pass you in peak hour traffic. Don't make them do it again by going to the front of the queue at a red light!

mr_astra_retired
20th January 2005, 06:53 PM
yes the non idicating at round abouts is a pain
I do have to agree with this one , but other than that i like all people that drive cars :lol:

Anonymous
20th January 2005, 07:03 PM
i absolutley cant stand people who stay in the right lane but continue to either hold the same speed as the car next to them or go slower!!! it really pisses me off....

also the round about thing, i have almost had so many crashes because of it :bang:

YuSuF
20th January 2005, 07:09 PM
Dont get me started, I'd need a novel full of chapters but round about one would be most annoying for me

Anonymous
20th January 2005, 07:31 PM
yes the non idicating at round abouts is a pain
I do have to agree with this one , but other than that i like all people that drive cars :lol:

steve is a manic depressant driver..... he's all happy and lovey dovey but BANG, when something happens, I could just see him putting the driver of the offending car in his boot and taking them for a spin at wsid

mr_astra_retired
20th January 2005, 07:54 PM
steve is a manic depressant driver..... he's all happy and lovey dovey but BANG, when something happens, I could just see him putting the driver of the offending car in his boot and taking them for a spin at wsid

:lol: :lol: Gold Don

ecstasy
20th January 2005, 08:06 PM
barbies on their mobiles, soccer mums, psycho biatches on those food vans, commodore drivers :D

Princess
20th January 2005, 09:40 PM
I have to agree with kelly must be the area were we live....

I hate it when people don't know how to use roundabouts; Not indicating, entering on the inside lane and exiting on the outside lane, then yelling abuse at you for cutting THEM off..... :evil: ohhhhhh gets me mad just thinking about it...

Other than that I hate people who think they can push me around cos I drive a small car with business number plates...I get heaps of people who merge when i am right next to them and when I beep they keep mergeing like I am not there... :bang:

I also drive a bus fitted with a wheelchair lift on the back. I often have to take two parks head to tail to fit the bus in and still have room to lower the lift. I will often come out of the shops and some ass has parked in the 3/4's of a space behind the bus with there tail end hanging out. You know they go into the shops cursing about how I parked...BUT if they open there eyes they would see the LARGE BLUE sign that says "DO NOT PARK WITHIN THREE METRES OF THIS VEHICLE" :roll: idiots...Makes my life 1000x harder

Degen-Astra
21st January 2005, 12:44 AM
People who insist on using the right lane of a 3-4 lane freeway and sit on 90kmh instead of the 100-110km speed limit! People who also use the lane to overtake only to drop their speed again and you pass them on an inner lane.

R3N
21st January 2005, 01:30 AM
I'd have to say people who slow to 10km/h below the speed limit when they notice a speed camera even if they've already been:
A) Caught by the camera OR
B) Doing under or exactly the speed limit

i absolutley cant stand people who stay in the right lane but continue to either hold the same speed as the car next to them or go slower!!! it really pisses me off....

I normally sit in the right lane cos I pass so many people in the left who are doing under the speed limit, but as soon as I see someone coming up behind me I move back to the left.

Not only is not indicating a bad thing, WRONGLY indicating is just as bad especially at the roundabouts

em
21st January 2005, 09:19 AM
Not only is not indicating a bad thing, WRONGLY indicating is just as bad especially at the roundabouts

Good Call!
i have come to the conclusion thats it not becasue people FOREGET they have indicators, it because they dont know how to use them.

I like the old saying do unto others as you would like done unto you!