PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Car Scene

tatugirl
21st April 2014, 08:39 AM
I might be moving to Werribee in a few months, just wondering what the car scene is like in Melbourne? Haha :)

sooty
21st April 2014, 09:00 AM
In Werribee? If you don't drive a falcadore, you're not worth talking to lol

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

hazrd
21st April 2014, 09:09 AM
The car scene is pretty big in Melbourne. A lot of FB groups hold regular meets. Most are in the south east though which would be about an hours drive from Werribee. There's a group called HWY that hold regular Friday night meets. I haven't been to one yet myself but they are generally pretty big.

There is a group that recently started up called FWY (lol I know) which are mainly Geelong based, which is closer to Werribee.

Why u moving down here? Should move to the south east, it's better here :)

chris_r
21st April 2014, 10:41 AM

I bet you the weather's still as crap as it is for Melbourne in general. Sorry, couldn't help myself with that one.

Jen
21st April 2014, 11:10 AM
I bet you the weather's still as crap as it is for Melbourne in general. Sorry, couldn't help myself with that one.

The weather is still crap but it's nicer outside when you look out the window!

tatugirl
21st April 2014, 02:54 PM
The car scene is pretty big in Melbourne. A lot of FB groups hold regular meets. Most are in the south east though which would be about an hours drive from Werribee. There's a group called HWY that hold regular Friday night meets. I haven't been to one yet myself but they are generally pretty big.

There is a group that recently started up called FWY (lol I know) which are mainly Geelong based, which is closer to Werribee.

My sister lives in Werribee so need to be close to baby sit my niece lol yes I know there's crap weather lol. What are the cops like there? I got HIDs and really dark tint

DJM83
21st April 2014, 03:05 PM
Look out for a shady guy in a red Focus ST hazrd

tatugirl
21st April 2014, 03:16 PM
I'll let u guys know if I'm moving, not 100%

hazrd
21st April 2014, 09:24 PM
My sister lives in Werribee so need to be close to baby sit my niece lol yes I know there's crap weather lol. What are the cops like there? I got HIDs and really dark tint

cops are touch and go here. the tint you may get lucky with, but the HIDs you probably wont last long. Also they will fail the roadworthy if you go to register the car here.

DJM83 at least she will see me. its hard to see the ones that have no paint ...

tatugirl
3rd May 2014, 03:10 PM
Most likely moving end of June to Werribee/Wyndham Vale

hazrd
3rd May 2014, 10:13 PM
Nice. Can meet up for a catchup or cruise. But probably won't be a big one. Cruise scene has seriously died in the arse lately

SilentShout
3rd May 2014, 11:28 PM
should get a brisbane/gold coast cruise or meet happening :)

hazrd
4th May 2014, 11:49 AM
should get a brisbane/gold coast cruise or meet happening :)

Like the one at QR today?

DJM83
4th May 2014, 04:03 PM
You QLD guys missed out today, so much fun.

Elliot_O
4th May 2014, 06:55 PM
You QLD guys missed out today, so much fun.

Lol, yeah cruising with your turbo Fords against my 1.8 5 door. Ha

guy 27
4th May 2014, 07:02 PM

its only cruising on the track. just don't slow down for the corners and you will keep up ;)

Elliot_O
4th May 2014, 07:04 PM
its only cruising on the track. just don't slow down for the corners and you will keep up ;)

Too late now. I had a much better sleep in anyway... Haha

SilentShout
4th May 2014, 08:08 PM
I finished work at 7am =( wasnt gonna make it either way

hazrd
4th May 2014, 08:10 PM
There was an mx5 elliot. You would have smashed it. I was keeping up with an Evo though :D

poita
4th May 2014, 08:11 PM

Would have been nice if you guys made some effort. Your loss I guess.

Sent from The Batphone

Elliot_O
4th May 2014, 08:19 PM

Sent from The Batphone

Sheesh, sorry I didn't go to a Ford forum cruise. Lol jks

dutchy
4th May 2014, 08:23 PM

Last time there was an, I think, Holden Colorado on the track too so no problem for your 1.8.

poita
4th May 2014, 08:23 PM
OpelAus guys were invited to it as well.

There were MX5's, Toyota 86's, a base model focus trend on the track among others.

No excuse really.

It's not about who's the fastest on a Happy Laps day, it's about a bunch of people with a common interest getting together for a fun time

Sent from The Batphone

dutchy
4th May 2014, 08:24 PM

Sent from The Batphone

I'll be there again next time Pete. Am on a short holiday with the wife and mini-me (for our anniversary)

poita
4th May 2014, 08:25 PM
Last time there was an, I think, Holden Colorado on the track too so no problem for your 1.8.

Ford Ranger lol. Was a pisser.

Sent from The Batphone

hazrd
4th May 2014, 08:26 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/tyjuqaqa.jpg

DJM83
4th May 2014, 08:28 PM
Fkn race truck lol.

Complain nothing gets orgsnised. 2 awesome events organised. No one shows. Except kmhoffy she is awesome oh and poita hazrd

dutchy
4th May 2014, 08:40 PM
:lol: How did the Corsa go kmhoffy ?

sooty
4th May 2014, 08:49 PM
Be nice Queenslanders to other Queenslanders, not everyone is into track days :lol:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

poita
4th May 2014, 08:54 PM
It wasn't a track day, that's the point

Sent from The Batphone

sooty
4th May 2014, 09:36 PM
Was it at a race track? Therefore it's a track day :thumbs: watching or lapping makes no diff

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

poita
5th May 2014, 06:32 AM
Doesn't matter either way I guess. No one here bothers to turn up when they are invited. :deadhorse:

Sent from The Batphone

Jen
5th May 2014, 07:17 AM
I think the point here is irregardless of what the day entailed there was no interest in the day itself or someone could have just as easily said how about a cruise/meet/dinner afterwards if they just did not want to go to a track day. Ultimately there was a meet opportunity, no one was interested so therefore can't turn around and complain there hasn't been a meet in awhile. Really it's as simple as that

hazrd
5th May 2014, 07:26 AM
Jen just made the perfect point.
tatugirl best of luck on your trip to Melb. You have my contact details now, just shoot me a msg if I can help with anything when you get down here.