PDA

View Full Version : New TS Astra... weird spec?

hapul
16th April 2014, 10:20 PM
Hi all, recently bought a second hand 2001 Astra hatch (TS) and am loving it. I was wondering though if someone with a bit more knowledge than me on the options offered could shed some light on what its history might be because it seems a bit unusual.

It's a 5 door CD model with 120,000k on it first registered September 2001. It's badged 'CD' and has the standard CD centre console. It also has, however, full leather seats and door trims as well as cruise control. Previous owners were a 75 year old couple who bought it with 6000k on the clock so I doubt they've added any of these themselves. Could it have been a demonstrator? Or just a quirkily optioned example? Either way, i'm stoked!

Love to hear opinions, James.

dutchy
16th April 2014, 11:26 PM
Isn't it a CDX that you got ? That came with leather seats as far as I can remember.

When I bought my wife a 5 door CD in 2003, I was offered leather seats by the dealer. Not the factory ones but leather upholstered by a local company.

hapul
17th April 2014, 07:08 AM
I'm pretty sure it is a CD. Reason I say so aside from the badges is because it doesn't have the 16" wheels a lot of the CDX's had, no spoiler or unusual bodykit, doesn't have the climate control stuff (normal a/c) and weirdly has the fog light switch but no fog lights installed. At least I figure with that one it'll make putting them back in easier!

But yeah, i'm sure if whoever bought it asked the dealer for that combo they couldn't really have said no...

Elliot_O
17th April 2014, 09:24 AM
Sounds like someone has changed it for you. Sweet, wouldn't complain!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

hapul
17th April 2014, 07:32 PM
Yeah I know, cheering! Look forward to picking some knowledgeable brains here about jazzing up some other bits and pieces here and there.

kovert
17th April 2014, 09:42 PM
Welcome to OA!

Pretty sure the TS Astra was available in base-model "GL" and top of the range "CD". Leather interior was an option probably with series II similar to Vectra in the early 2000s. I remember because I used to drive a 00 Vectra "CD" 2.5 L hatch with leather interior. Lovely car, very smooth, sadly gone now.

The "CDX" designation was introduced during the AH Astra's run eg: CD (base model), CDX (leather became standard around 2009), CDTi, CDXi (around 2005?), SRi (introduced later, leather standard, downgraded to 1.8 L by the end), SRi Turbo. They had a '60th anniversary' model and 'style pack' (alloy wheels, fog lights but unpainted door handles) towards the the end.

faneca
18th April 2014, 01:50 AM
CDX was the top of the range for the ts astras also, came with climate control, woodgrain dash, leather interior, heated seats fogloghts, electric everything also.

Probably a CD with the optional leather pack.

Theo
18th April 2014, 09:09 AM
Entry TS Astra was the 'City' and went all the way up to 'CDX'

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

kovert
18th April 2014, 08:55 PM
Was the TS CDX introduced later in the run?

dutchy
18th April 2014, 09:48 PM
Maybe a fusion between a repairable write-off CD and a written off CDX ?

Elliot_O
19th April 2014, 02:35 PM
Maybe a fusion between a repairable write-off CD and a written off CDX ?

Very good point there Dutchy. Very possible. Done a V-Check on it at all?

Shortstuff
20th April 2014, 01:12 AM
If you give your friendly Holden parts interpreter the VIN they can tell you exactly how it left the factory.

SilentShout
20th April 2014, 02:46 AM
welcome to OA :)

And imo id be happy with the leather, as long as the seats are comfy ;)

chrissn89
20th April 2014, 11:38 AM
PM me the VIN and I'll check it out for you on Tuesday.

hapul
22nd April 2014, 11:20 AM
PM me the VIN and I'll check it out for you on Tuesday.
That'd be awesome, thanks!

hapul
22nd April 2014, 11:27 AM
Very good point there Dutchy. Very possible. Done a V-Check on it at all?
Oh yeah, did a check and didn't come up with anything. Had a check in the usual spots for signs of crash damage or repairs and all looked pretty straight and untouched.

chrissn89
22nd April 2014, 02:35 PM
The VIN supplied came back as a Astra TS CD, factory fitted with cruise control and cloth trim. Sounds like the dealer got a local mob to fit leather seats for a demo.

dutchy
22nd April 2014, 09:31 PM
Can you upload a pic of the seats James ?

hapul
25th April 2014, 02:24 PM
here's some pics of the seats/trim dutchy. Sorry they're dark... snapped 'em last night as I was replacing the busted window switch you'll notice there ;)

dutchy
25th April 2014, 06:03 PM
Can't remember the CD seats look like these (been a while ago) but they look re-upholstered to me. Anyone with a cdx can confirm that.

faneca
25th April 2014, 06:27 PM
Yeah they are 're upholstered. I have seats from a CDX and they have a lot more bolstering in them and afaik the ts leathers were all black?

guy 27
25th April 2014, 11:16 PM
Yeah they are 're upholstered. I have seats from a CDX and they have a lot more bolstering in them and afaik the ts leathers were all black?

almost right. all oem leather we got in aus for the ts was the same as the turbo and vert. also came in blood red (in 1 2.2 sri and several verts) and red black in the linea rossa vert

faneca
25th April 2014, 11:17 PM
Oh yeah completely forgot about the red ones.

adam_92
26th April 2014, 09:37 AM
almost right. all oem leather we got in aus for the ts was the same as the turbo and vert. also came in blood red (in 1 2.2 sri and several verts) and red black in the linea rossa vert

And also cream leather in the china blue edition of the vert