PDA

View Full Version : New Opel owner here.

LazSlow
15th April 2014, 01:50 PM
Hi fellow Opel people. Got myself a new Astra OPC last year. Ordered before Opel pulled out, arrived afterwards so they offered me out of the contract or the same clearance discount they were doing on their Australian stock. I took the discount. I love that car. It's blaaaaaack. Just feeling slightly abandoned but I wasn't going to settle for a Megane. I now have a car that is rare and exclusive and goes like a rocket. Gotta be careful though. Been booked once for enjoying the car a little too much. As they say in Germany, "Opel, das better auto".

dutchy
15th April 2014, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

faneca
15th April 2014, 05:59 PM
welcome along mate!! where abouts are you based?

corsa b combat
15th April 2014, 08:03 PM
Welcome fellow OPC mate

sooty
17th April 2014, 06:37 AM
Finally one in black! Best colour for it IMO

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

eddysdaman
17th April 2014, 09:27 PM
Welcome. Where about are you in Aus? Haven't seen a black one in the flesh yet haha

guy 27
18th April 2014, 11:44 AM
Welcome to oa

LazSlow
20th April 2014, 05:46 PM
Welcome. Where about are you in Aus? Haven't seen a black one in the flesh yet haha

I'm in Sydney. I couldn't even find a picture of a black one before I ordered mine. The sales person thought the blue was the best colour until mine was delivered then she decided black was the new blue. There are some angles where the car looks a bit sinister in black. :devil: Apart from it showing all the dust I'm very happy with it.

I have only ever seen two OPCs. There is a white one with 19s often parked near work and in Canberra last wekend I saw a blue one.