PDA

View Full Version : Astra h sri turbo coilover advice?

YeshSRITURBO
10th April 2014, 03:09 PM
Just put on whiteline 24mm swaybars. Think I need coilovers too for a stiffer suspension. Found some on eBay $400 20-90mm adjustable. But I hear that there should be 100mm clearance from ground. Any advice or recommendation in what to buy? Handling mods are to support power mods later on. Cheers guys.

mickos
10th April 2014, 03:29 PM
What ever they are for $400 they would be very crashy and just rubbish
I would look at KW or Bilstein B14 at minimum

Otherwise shock options Bilstein B8 and DAPR springs

poita
11th April 2014, 09:01 AM
After having a set of $400 coilovers myself. Don't do it. The ride is horrible, be prepared to make a trip to chiropractor after every drive.

They are so harsh and uncomfortable.

adam_92
11th April 2014, 09:36 AM
If you want coilovers, I can very highly reccomend H&R coilovers. I have had them in a couple of my astras. They are wicked but if you dont need coilovers, then you cant really go past an bilstein b12 kit (bilstein b8 shocks and eibach springs)

faneca
11th April 2014, 12:38 PM
I can also recommend the h&rs I now have Adams in my VXR and they are really good

Hoss
12th April 2014, 01:09 PM
I'm using Eibach Pro springs and Bilstein B8 dampers on my SRi. They give a firm ride, but not too harsh or crashy. You might also consider Whiteline adjustable front camber and caster components, and Whiteline's rear camber/toe plates. These components will not only help handling, but also let you set the suspension to counteract wheel alignment changes caused by lowering your SRi. Talk to Greg (GSL Rallysport) on this forum for pricing and supply of Whiteline components. You could also talk to Courtenay Sport in the UK for Eibach and Bilstein items, as they may be cheaper than local suppliers.

YeshSRITURBO
12th April 2014, 02:22 PM
Adding coilovers to my car will be a bit of an issue as I have electronic dampening (IDS+/CDC). I read that for KW kits (and maybe Bilsteins too) need Tech2 to get rid of it the electronic dampening. All i want to do is to stop the car front end from slightly nose diving around corners with 3 people in the car. I don't really want to get rid of the electronic dampening.

So thinking about only upgrading to DAP-R springs (or Eibach Pro springs). Eibach lowers car 10-15mm and DAPR 25-30mm. Though i would like to lower the car as little as possible i will compromise for DAPR as they are better.

Will consider Whiteline adjustable front camber and castor components, and Whiteline's rear camber/toe plates also.

I think this will achieve my goal what do you guys think?

kabel
12th April 2014, 08:33 PM
Just go with a set of Eibach Pro`s and are you sure you have IDS+ ? All the local specs for the VXR`s said this was standard but it turned out otherwise. Not sure about the SRiT`s though.
But either way I think the Pro`s will make you happy.
DAPR`s may lower your car too much.

I have had both Eibach Pro`s on my VXR with the standard shocks and also now have a set of KW V3`s, ride with the Pro`s was nice, V3`s are a bit more "focused". I reckon driving it everyday I would get sick of it.
At present the car gets out of the garage about once a month and I enjoy driving it.

YeshSRITURBO
13th April 2014, 12:48 AM
Just go with a set of Eibach Pro`s and are you sure you have IDS+ ? All the local specs for the VXR`s said this was standard but it turned out otherwise. Not sure about the SRiT`s though.
But either way I think the Pro`s will make you happy.
DAPR`s may lower your car too much.

I have had both Eibach Pro`s on my VXR with the standard shocks and also now have a set of KW V3`s, ride with the Pro`s was nice, V3`s are a bit more "focused". I reckon driving it everyday I would get sick of it.
At present the car gets out of the garage about once a month and I enjoy driving it.

I definitely have IDS+. Electronic dampening works fairly well too in sports mode. Maybe I will go with Eibach then. Mine is a daily driver.