PDA

View Full Version : difference in servicing cost???

Colonel Sanders
19th January 2005, 04:48 AM
hi everybody!!!

i know this should be in another section, but i thought if i posted it in general it might get more replies...

anyway, my story. my cars due for the 60,000kms service soon, and i noticed in other posts that at 60,000kms the engine requires new timing belt or engine belt change, i have a copy of the holden factory service price guide that smellytofu posted up back when we were on msn, that also confirms that theory.

now the other day i was going through my astra owners manual, when i looked up at the 60,000kms service guide it doesnt mention that the timing belt needs replacing, it only mentions that "drive belt check" and the labour invlouved also confirms that- only 1.7hours compared to the usual 1.5hours.

now i dont take my car to holden for servicing, should i still insist on the time belt change or not???

any opinions guys and gals??? :?

the Colonel

beep beep sri
19th January 2005, 05:33 AM
there was a problem with astra-barinas. i beleive it to be the belt can slip and cause all kinds of damage do yourself a big favour and just get it done. if not we wont even think about what may happen

AnthonyW
19th January 2005, 07:32 AM
I Would be doing the changes as per the book last thing you would want is a timing belt going.