PDA

View Full Version : Servicing Astra SRI-T MY07.5

redz81
4th April 2014, 01:42 PM
Hi All,
Couple of quick questions,
Does anyone know of a decent mechanic on the west side of Melbourne (anywhere between the city and Laverton area), for a 95k service? This is for an Astra SRI-T MY07.5. Probably could do with a look over beyond logbook as has done a major drive from Brissi in last year, and has been doing far more KMs recently.
Also, does anyone have the link for the logbook servicing guide?? Ive seen it in a forum here before, but stuffed if I can find it again.
thanks

Senor Ed
7th April 2014, 01:22 PM
I just had mine serviced at work (08 Sri-T 95K), as I work at a heavy vehicle workshop. This is a list of the part i had changed (if this helps):

Timing Belt and Water Pump
Spark Plugs and Coil Pack (coil pack had a small crack causing the car to misfire)
All O-rings, non-return ventilation valve, a couple of hoses
CV Boot
Front and Rear Rotors and Pads and brake fluid (speak to Greg at GSL Rallysport)
Full oil change to motor and gearbox and oil filters.

SIMid
24th April 2014, 08:48 AM
Hi All,
Couple of quick questions,
Does anyone know of a decent mechanic on the west side of Melbourne (anywhere between the city and Laverton area), for a 95k service? This is for an Astra SRI-T MY07.5. Probably could do with a look over beyond logbook as has done a major drive from Brissi in last year, and has been doing far more KMs recently.

thanks

Pan Motors
Mick - 0419 528 167
North Coburg, not sure if that is too far from West side?

Ex-Holden Head Mechanic at Ralph De Silva.

Give him a bell and tell him that Simon with the Astra Turbo recommended him and he will look after you.

redz81
24th April 2014, 09:36 AM
Thanks everyone,
Ended up taking it to John at ExcelTune in Sunshine.
Cost way more than I was hoping, but previous servicing (including ones done by Holden) had done some dodgy work.
Was pretty nervous when he started calling with all the issues, but I went there and he showed me what was wrong.
New coil pack, spark plugs and then 100k service $1150 later....
Car is running like a dream though, which I suppose is the main thing.
Next service better be a breeze.
Cheers again

SIMid
12th May 2014, 11:59 AM
Thanks everyone,
Ended up taking it to John at ExcelTune in Sunshine.
Cost way more than I was hoping, but previous servicing (including ones done by Holden) had done some dodgy work.
Was pretty nervous when he started calling with all the issues, but I went there and he showed me what was wrong.
New coil pack, spark plugs and then 100k service $1150 later....
Car is running like a dream though, which I suppose is the main thing.
Next service better be a breeze.
Cheers again

Coil pack is around $340-380. Timing belt kit for the AH turbo I think is around $400+. All from GMH.