PDA

View Full Version : What colour should I get

ashman1
26th March 2014, 06:56 PM
Hey guys,

Im looking to buy a astra sri-t... im stuck with what colour to get... im considering the silver or the arden blue... just wanted to find out what colour you think is better out of the two and why.

Thanks

guy 27
26th March 2014, 07:50 PM
Red

ashman1
26th March 2014, 08:06 PM
Yeah red would be nice.

adam_92
26th March 2014, 08:11 PM
You talking ts or ah?

ashman1
26th March 2014, 08:15 PM
a TS
You talking ts or ah?

adam_92
26th March 2014, 08:17 PM
Ts didnt come to australia in red. There is only blue silver or black

ashman1
26th March 2014, 08:19 PM
Yep thats correct

adam_92
26th March 2014, 08:38 PM
So where do you get red from?

Elliot_O
26th March 2014, 08:43 PM
So where do you get red from?

Bloody Guy... Haha.
Trolling.
Arden blue for sure mate!

adam_92
26th March 2014, 08:44 PM
Im surprised guy didn't suggest pink!

Arden blue for sure. Iv got black and although it looks amazing when cleaned and waxed and polished, it looks crap again in 5 mins.

Brando47
26th March 2014, 09:25 PM
Well I'm pretty sure you can get red AH SRi T's here, so not necessarily trolling haha. I like the red ones they got in Europe in the TS, sort of a rare colour. But 100% agree with Arden Blue if you want to turn a few heads!

dutchy
26th March 2014, 09:50 PM
Get a silver one, stays clean for longer after you put hours of washing and polishing in :)

benzino
27th March 2014, 01:43 AM
1/2 a vote for silver and 1/2 a vote for arden
looking out at my driveway, I like both for different reasons...

Arden if you want to stand out, and silver if you want to be subtle
Arden if you enjoy washing, and silver if you are lazy

if you like both, just go for the best example of either colour, as that is way more important

what I really wish is that they came in diamond white like a certain ford that has become rather popular on here. faneca shows how good white can look on a TS, even though it's got too many doors. :lol:

hazrd
27th March 2014, 09:15 AM
Pretty much what Ben said above. //begin-Broken_Record

You havent got a lot of choice when it comes to second hand cars. Even less choice when the car gets older.

Say for example, you wanted a blue one, and there were 5 blue ones on carsales, all high kms and in shit house condition. Then you see this one silver one with fark all kms and service records and completely immaculate. Would you still hunt for a blue one??

My last car I wanted to be either black or blue, and i ended up with silver. My current car I was adamant that I was getting black. There were two in the lot, one black, with 005400kms on the clock, and one red, with only 000064km on the clock (also 2k cheaper because it was 6mths older). The choice was fairly obvious!!

Food for thought mate. Good luck

Shortstuff
28th March 2014, 09:35 PM
Arden 100%! Black is too hard to keep clean and there are too many silver cars around. You notice an Arden from miles away : )

faneca
28th March 2014, 09:37 PM
This! ^^^^^
Arden certainly turns heads and is buy far one of the best blues iv come across. Silver is still very nice! and as others have said doesn't stand out as much so you can have fun with that too
Also benzino thanks for the kind words :P

adam_92
28th March 2014, 09:59 PM
Arden blue for a ts or if you go ah then red!!!!

kabel
28th March 2014, 10:09 PM
Arden Blue or Silver, Stay away from Black if you can.
I currently have a Black SriT and it is painful to keep clean not to mention the heat it draws, I also have an Arden Blue car and it definitely "Pops" when on the road.

Also owned a TS Sri 2.2 in Silver and it was a very easy colour to live with.
As stated choices are limited hence why I ended up with a Black SriT, would have preferred Silver or Arden !

Good luck.

adam_92
28th March 2014, 10:34 PM
I agree^

keep away from black if you dont like constant cleaning. Iv got a black sri-t and it looks amazing when clean but give it 10 minutes after a clean and its dirty again.

Brando47
28th March 2014, 10:36 PM
I'm on the lookout for one as well and have a preference list of colours, but at the end of the day take what you can get and get a good deal for :) The cars still all look great in my opinion, not like there's any off-putting colours to avoid

benzino
29th March 2014, 06:20 PM
The black does look awesome in the sun though. Almost looks like it has plum and gold flecked through it.

Brando47
30th March 2014, 03:06 AM
The black does look awesome in the sun though. Almost looks like it has plum and gold flecked through it.

If you look closely at the black, it does actually have a purple fleck through it that looks really great :)

Another plus for the Arden that I like about it is no other models other than OPC's come with it, so you get that exclusivity :)