PDA

View Full Version : Need For Speed Movie

tatugirl
16th March 2014, 03:31 PM
Just saw NFS last night, was pretty good. I hate Ford but that Mustang was so nice

Shadow110
16th March 2014, 03:49 PM
So you would say its a "see it on the big screen" movie?

tatugirl
16th March 2014, 03:50 PM
Yea it's good :) unless u have really good surround sound at home haha, I think it's worth it

hazrd
16th March 2014, 05:22 PM
definitely want to go and see this !!

dutchy
16th March 2014, 07:03 PM
Guess this will be on the "menu" on my next travel as they always show the latest movies. Def gonna stay awake this one.

poita
16th March 2014, 07:54 PM
After reading about the making and seeing small behind the scenes definitely want to see it more.

No cgi used, all the cars are $300k kit cars built for the movie. Tanner Foust does most of the stunt driving in it too

chris_r
16th March 2014, 08:27 PM
So, you mean to say it's not like a certain other movie franchise where cars all have 2 stages of nitrous, about 15 gears and the same predictable story lines?

poita
16th March 2014, 08:27 PM
2 out of those 3 are correct

Brando47
16th March 2014, 09:47 PM
I watched it the other night, wasn't too impressed haha. The plot was predictable, not much reference to the games, and the acting wasn't too flash. No euro or jap cars, just American muscle and exotics. But in saying that, it was very entertaining to watch, cars are cars and was pretty fun pointing out all the plot holes haha. Like, who designs a race route where the finish line after a high speed straight is 50m from a house and cliff? Well worth watching anyway :)

tatugirl
16th March 2014, 09:49 PM
Don't think the movie was supposed to have anything to do with the games..??

Brando47
16th March 2014, 09:52 PM
Oh na not necessarily a bad thing, it's not like the games have any real plot to follow anyway haha, just thought I'd mention it. There was a scene that reminded me of Most Wanted actually but I won't give any spoilers to any that haven't seen it :P

Elliot_O
16th March 2014, 10:38 PM
Oh na not necessarily a bad thing, it's not like the games have any real plot to follow anyway haha, just thought I'd mention it. There was a scene that reminded me of Most Wanted actually but I won't give any spoilers to any that haven't seen it :P

Wasn't it supposed to be a take on their last NFS Run or whatever it was?
This movie is on my to-see list anyway haha

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

faneca
16th March 2014, 11:58 PM
Saw it tonight, actually didn't mind it, I liked how they linked bits and pieces to earlier events. There were a few of those "only in movies" kinda things but hey it's need for speed.

GreyRex
29th March 2014, 03:55 PM
Are you people joking?

The acting is cringeworthingly bad. I paid to go and see it (because obviously i'm interested in cars) and new it wouldn't be amazing, but man it is crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does get better after the first 30-40mins and the action scenes with the Mustang are mostly ok, but I wouldn't think it's enough to recommend someone to see it

DVD movie people!!!!