PDA

View Full Version : The Stuff We Don't Want In Stock Sale!

gslrallysport
9th March 2014, 05:19 PM
RIDICULOUS PRICING on 'The stuff we don't want in stock sale'!

Clearance items include:
• Bilstein Shocks
• Brakes Direct/TNF Plain Rotors
• Brakes Direct Slotted Rotors
• DBA Rotors
• EBC Brake Pads
• Ferodo Thermo Quiet Brake Pads
• HEL Braided Lines
• King Springs
• KYB Shocks
• Monit Rally Computers
• Project Mu Disc Rotors
• Project Mu Drift Shoes
• RDA Brake Pads
• RDA Rotors
• Predator HID Kits
• Protex Rotor
• Super Pro bushes
• TNF Curved Slotted Rotors
• TRW Brake Pads

For the full list of clearance items, with pricing INCLUDING delivery, checkout http://www.gslrallysport.com/clearance

poita
9th March 2014, 05:56 PM
Holy shit those Calibra brake pads are cheap!!

gslrallysport
9th March 2014, 06:11 PM
You mean rotors? :P

poita
9th March 2014, 06:16 PM
That too :p

Brando47
9th March 2014, 06:54 PM
Kinda regret not going slotted when I bought new discs/pads 6 months ago, can I get away with the pads I've got now with new rotors? Or can I move my front discs/pads to the back and get new ones for the front?

poita
9th March 2014, 07:00 PM
Check the sizes, most are different front to back for pads and discs.

chris_r
9th March 2014, 07:17 PM
Kinda regret not going slotted when I bought new discs/pads 6 months ago, can I get away with the pads I've got now with new rotors? Or can I move my front discs/pads to the back and get new ones for the front?

Nope, fronts are 260mm on the 4 stud Astras and rears are 240mm. You could probably use the pads on new rotors, but I would not recommend it. But why bother if you're gonna buy a Turbo at some point anyway?

Brando47
9th March 2014, 07:26 PM
Ah that's a shame, will it score the rotors or something or just not perform well until the pads wear to the new surface?

I've been having a fair bit of trouble with brake fade on more spirited drives, and since the Turbo is a while off and slotted rotors are going for 25 bucks a pop, might as well upgrade :)

chris_r
9th March 2014, 07:46 PM
Ah that's a shame, will it score the rotors or something or just not perform well until the pads wear to the new surface?

I've been having a fair bit of trouble with brake fade on more spirited drives, and since the Turbo is a while off and slotted rotors are going for 25 bucks a pop, might as well upgrade :)

I personally figure that if you're going to hassle of new rotors, new pads are a must. It's just common sense.

Problem you've got is the small rotors, the Corsa C has the same size rotors front and rear, and even for my car I felt they were dodgy at best. 5 stud Astras have 280mm front and 264mm rear. Would be better than the 4 stud setup, but seeing as you've just put new rims on, you may not want to change the stud pattern. Or you can get the 280mm (or 308mm) setup, redrill the rotors to 4x100 and have spigot rings made up.

Brando47
9th March 2014, 09:01 PM
I personally figure that if you're going to hassle of new rotors, new pads are a must. It's just common sense.

Problem you've got is the small rotors, the Corsa C has the same size rotors front and rear, and even for my car I felt they were dodgy at best. 5 stud Astras have 280mm front and 264mm rear. Would be better than the 4 stud setup, but seeing as you've just put new rims on, you may not want to change the stud pattern. Or you can get the 280mm (or 308mm) setup, redrill the rotors to 4x100 and have spigot rings made up.

Yeah I do know mine are pretty small, but don't have the money to spend on a full brake upgrade and not sure it'd be worth it anyway since I'm planning on a new car and it won't really add to the value of mine. May not have the money for new pads as well as rotors as it is, that's the only reason I'd question it as I've heard before its always better to get new pads but wasn't sure how important it was, and be a shame to throw out a good set of QFM pads with plenty of juice left on them.

gslrallysport
13th March 2014, 09:27 PM
can I get away with the pads I've got now with new rotors?
DEFINITELY! Just give them a light rub on some concrete to freshen them up when you install the new rotors.

Brando47
13th March 2014, 11:07 PM
DEFINITELY! Just give them a light rub on some concrete to freshen them up when you install the new rotors.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go. Probably ring through tomorrow to order a couple of discs :) Could just about order an extra one and turn it into a clock or something for the price haha