PDA

View Full Version : Holden Astra TS Convertible Roof Slashed - Who is the best to fix it?

super kermit
17th February 2014, 09:13 AM
So someone decided to cut right through all layers of my lovely and perfect roof.

Who is the BEST of the BEST for roof replacement in Sydney?

I am going through insurance, paying my excess and want the best work possible.

Should I go Holden dealer (due to 2 year warranty on work) or other options?

Please help ASAP

sooty
17th February 2014, 09:28 AM
Ouch, that sucks, i can't give any suggestions but commiserations!

guy 27
17th February 2014, 10:18 AM
tell them you want a new one.
holden should still have in stock. although i believe its a full roof so will cost them around 7k.

dutchy
17th February 2014, 12:25 PM
crap, that sucks :(

I think that the insurance company would be getting some quotes for you and arrange for the repairs to be done. Don't think you have any input in that other than to pay the excess to the insurance.

super kermit
17th February 2014, 03:23 PM
I am going through Shannons insurance (THE BEST EVER) so I can pick anyone I want to fix the car.

I do want a new roof as my old one was perfect (and had just been serviced at 1.3K)

So who do I use to install and supply the new roof (i.e which holden dealer is the best?)

super kermit
17th February 2014, 03:25 PM
tell them you want a new one.
holden should still have in stock. although i believe its a full roof so will cost them around 7k.

Yes, I agree.

super kermit
18th February 2014, 08:09 AM
Hello. anyone.

Please.

My baby needs to smile again.

Kennedy
19th February 2014, 09:13 PM
To be honest, any Holden dealer should be able to carry out any repair on your car, to the highest standard as they are a Premium Product compared to a side street garage.

dutchy
19th February 2014, 10:03 PM
To be honest, any Holden dealer should be able to carry out any repair on your car, to the highest standard as they are a Premium Product compared to a side street garage.

agree but you'll get the standard roof. Any different colour, wont be possible through Holden.

Wraith
26th February 2014, 12:36 PM
If you have full comp insurance go through them and hopefully they'll agree to let GMH do the repair/replacement...

GMH would be the best choice since they will use a genuine OEM replacement, but they will also be the most expensive, so as said hopefully the insurance company will agree to get GMH to do the work and not an aftermarket cheaper alternative...

For reference there was a TS vert member on here who had that exact same thing done back about in 2007 think it was (imay) through GMH and it cost around $6,800 back then so I'm thinking will be the better part of 10k by now for a similar job...

Hopefully I never have that sort of vandalism happen to mine :eek: