PDA

View Full Version : Need pic of J OPC wheels showing brake lines

caspers turbo
5th February 2014, 07:14 AM
Hi guys, im overseas and need someone to do me a favour and take a close up shot of an OPC J 20" wheel-pref front & back, i'm about to push the go button on an order from regal autosport for some plastic coated braided brake lines and can't remember how visiable the standard ones are-i have an arden blue OPC and am tossing up between yellow, red, or blue lines

im also ordering the RSS turbo downpipe & HJS cat, a EDS IPF tuning set and seriously considering the Forge FMIC, with a turbs upgrade later in the year, will also source a K&N filter in Aus via repco

Has anyone played around with blow off valves on these yet or changed out the recirc valve?

dutchy
5th February 2014, 09:25 AM
if you're in the UK at the moment, you won't get the parts without the vat (unless you can take the parts as part of your hand luggage and show them at the tax refund office at the airport). Just a thought.

caspers turbo
5th February 2014, 09:53 AM
nah mate i'm in PNG and wanna get the ball rolling-just need to decide on a colour, if they don't show much i'll just get black, but if on show i'll get a coloured set

faneca
5th February 2014, 11:12 AM
eddysdaman or nigelh are on most regularly with their OPCs so they may see this and help you out, looking forward to the planned mods

nigelh
5th February 2014, 12:44 PM
Will get a photo tonight for you. I can't remember myself but I don't think you can see the brake hoses
Nice choice on mods I fitted a down pipe last week and it sounds heaps better and better response too.

dutchy
5th February 2014, 01:43 PM
nah mate i'm in PNG and wanna get the ball rolling-just need to decide on a colour, if they don't show much i'll just get black, but if on show i'll get a coloured set

all good then :)

caspers turbo
5th February 2014, 02:58 PM
Will get a photo tonight for you. I can't remember myself but I don't think you can see the brake hoses
Nice choice on mods I fitted a down pipe last week and it sounds heaps better and better response too.

Thanks Nigel, yeah from the Opel pics on line i can't see em, but any help would be great, have you done the EDS tune on the pipe, i take it you've done the K&N panel filter, can you hear it spooling up better?

nigelh
5th February 2014, 03:09 PM
Yes put the 315 tune on very happy with it. Haven't fitted a K&N filter waiting for regal to release the induction kit that they have been working on because might get that instead depending on cost.

caspers turbo
5th February 2014, 03:19 PM
Yes put the 315 tune on very happy with it. Haven't fitted a K&N filter waiting for regal to release the induction kit that they have been working on because might get that instead depending on cost.

nice, can you hear the turbo spool up now?

once you paid for it how long till it got to you in Aus?

i will be looking at a turbo upgrade later this year-once they release it, hence the new FMIC

once i get back to Aus, it's going in for a dyno as it is so i have a reference point, once all mods are done i will re dyno it, looking forward to better response and hopefully a more drivable car in low speeds, I.E. not having to go back to first to pull around a corner & yes i know i could give it in 2nd-but you don't wanna do that all the time

eddysdaman
5th February 2014, 06:41 PM
Front Wheel
http://i.imgur.com/e11FfVn.jpg

Back Wheel
http://i.imgur.com/o4KCuak.jpg

If it's just for looks ... dunno if it's worth it.

FYI - I'm on a 315 map with downpipe and K&N panel and was *this* close to a FMIC but I'm waiting to see actual gains with a map before going ahead. You can definitely hear turbo spool.

nigelh
5th February 2014, 06:48 PM
Maybe slightly but I always have the widows up so might be able to hear more with then down, throttle response is much better and having opc mode throttle map the whole time improves it too.

My one took a long time but that was just because they were out of stock at the time and they told me that was the case but usually I think it arrives fairly quick.

caspers turbo
6th February 2014, 06:55 AM
Thanks Nigel, much appreciated, i think i'll go black, it's not for looks anyway, plus a colour have dtract from the overall look, just figure if i'm gonna give her more KW's why not upgrade the brakes a bit, so far the engine mods work out to be $116 per KW, based on a minimum 22KW gain, it's possible to get 28KW gain which reduces it more again

Can't wait to get some specs on the new turbo, reackon that will be close to 5k installed

Can't wait to get back to Aus and get these mods underway, looking forward to better response & sound, both in the spooling and exhaust, ill post up pics once done, with dyno charts as well