PDA

View Full Version : Possibly buying a new Zafira

Tones
10th January 2014, 12:34 AM
Hi guys,

I'm seriously thinking about buying a new Zafira - one of those new ones that were imported into Australia last year before Opel pulled out of the market.

Just a couple of questions if anyone could help please.

Firstly, has anyone here bought one of these cars over the past couple of months? Would you be willing to share what sort of pricing/discounts you've been able to get? I haven't been down the road yet of getting down to serious negotiation. So far they're just quoting the prices that are listed on carsales.com (~$37k). Is there much room for more negotiation? Please PM me if you prefer.

Secondly, can anyone tell me where the child seat anchor points are (for the middle row)? I think I can see 2 anchor points on the back of the 2 outer rear seats, from photos. But I can't see an anchor point for the middle seat. I haven't been able to see the car in the flesh yet, and won't be able to until next week. We are having our 3rd baby soon so I would need to fit 3 child seats in the middle row.

Any help would be much appreciated.

(Hope I've opened this thread in the right place. Please move it if not.)

Thanks.

JohnBu
10th January 2014, 02:35 AM
I'm sure there would be 3 anchor points for a car like this.

I had a look on car sales and they look like compelling value.

I'd offer $25k for the base model and $30k for the luxury. Worst case is they say no.

Also be prepared to call around Australia. There seems to be a fair few stock around if you're not picky on color.

dutchy
10th January 2014, 10:36 AM
I believe there is space for 4 child seats with anchor points on the back of the seats. The 2nd row would have isofix on both outside seats. Middle seat on second row would fit a child seat. Not sure if the 2 seats in the back both have isofix as well. In any case, they would fit child seats with the seatbelt. I did read that for some child seats, the seatbelts on the third row are too short but you can get extensions for that.