PDA

View Full Version : thinking of buying corsa opc

lee683
2nd January 2014, 02:03 PM
hey long time since ive been on here.

been looking into the corsa opc, some great savings on them, but would mean selling/trade in my MG ZR. had it since 06, and still only seen 1 other one on the road here.

Theo
2nd January 2014, 06:18 PM
Cheap Arden Blue OPC Corsa in Adelaide...$21k ex Adelaide Opel demo, only done 3000km.

corsa b combat
2nd January 2014, 07:49 PM
Go for it.Bought mine today and picking it up on Monday.

lee683
6th January 2014, 11:21 PM
well i went to look at one on the weekend, took for a test drive, very nice car. but then they gave me the trade in offer for my MG........ $3000. way under what i was hoping for.

Theo
6th January 2014, 11:24 PM
ZR is a top little car, but you might be better off selling it private or going to another Holden dealer and see what they offer you.

adam_92
6th January 2014, 11:36 PM
Its wierd how I read this a couple of days ago and saw my first ever mg zr in australia today. Saw plenty back home in england but never seennone in oz.

corsa b combat
7th January 2014, 05:43 AM
lee683.So you gonna buy one?Took delivery of mine yesterday. Really happy with the power delivery for such a small car.really solid build compared to other cars I had in the same price range. Not a head turner so I suppose there will be some cosmetic "upgrades" on the cards.What colour do you like?

imtfbundy
7th January 2014, 08:50 AM
Your only going to get what the car is worth on the wholesale market, as They've discounted the car so much there's money in the Corsa to give you more on your trade.

lee683
7th January 2014, 10:40 PM
yeah i know yards dont give much for trade ins, but i was thinking it would have been more than that. and i know id get more on a private sale but how long will i have to wait to sell it?? im still looking at what to do?

poita
8th January 2014, 12:59 AM
yeah i know yards dont give much for trade ins, but i was thinking it would have been more than that. and i know id get more on a private sale but how long will i have to wait to sell it?? im still looking at what to do?

Was offered $2.5k for both my Barina and Calibra :lol: I feel your pain

danny
8th January 2014, 12:07 PM
yeah i traded in my mini cooper s which had 100,000 k/m for a golf gti at vw dealership here in melb but the car had been hit bad they must have done it while they where doing the roadworthy and the denied it car drove like a pig all over the road and all they kept saying was the car was ok ? had some test done on it at other places and was told that the car had been hit pretty bad in the front end .... so what do i do ? that when i seen the opel corsa opc went around to the opel dealer and done a straight swap, didn't tell them the car wasn't wright so I'm very happy great little car love it .....

corsa b combat
8th January 2014, 12:08 PM
Good on ya mate.welcome to the OPC club.lolHope you have many miles in it.

danny
8th January 2014, 12:41 PM
just trying now to find some rim for it ??? very hard to find things for it........ in melb

corsa b combat
8th January 2014, 12:43 PM
What size you looking for?

danny
8th January 2014, 12:52 PM
18 or 19 as my standard wheels are 17 so i think the biggest i can go is 19 ?

sooty
8th January 2014, 08:21 PM
19's are too big for a corsa (as are 20's on the astra IMO). Find the wheels you want by searching the European forums, then find someone who ships to aus

danny
8th January 2014, 08:37 PM
thats to much work hehehehehehehe cheers

lee683
8th January 2014, 10:54 PM
Was offered $2.5k for both my Barina and Calibra :lol: I feel your pain

was also offered $200 trade in for my 1999 sb barina aswell.

hazrd
9th January 2014, 08:37 AM
I bought a $40k car and they gave me $1k for my Astra G with only 94,000km :lol:

The private sale market is tough nowadays. I also traded my Polo GTi (I had 2 cars to trade) because I had already had it on the market for 7 months and only had 3 serious calls about it.

To be completely honest, if you havent got anything owing on the MG, just accept the trade and bear the loss. $18k for a Corsa OPC is still pretty good. Plus, its better than dealing with the pain and hassle of tyre kickers and test pilots.

dutchy
9th January 2014, 10:44 AM
trade-in always pays crap prices (i got offered under 14k for my Astra which was then 6 months old when inquiring about trading it in for a 50k plus car !!!!!). As Hazrd said, just trade it in if you got nothing owing on the car and then at least you got rid of it. Also saves you on rego and insurance. Who knows how long they have that opc still for...

PreeCilla
9th January 2014, 12:45 PM
Try to haggle for the Corsa. I was offer one for $18k when I got the GTC. My local Holden dealer is now selling the 2013 model for $38K...

danny
9th January 2014, 01:08 PM
hey yeah in melb they are selling the opc corsa for around $22000 and the opc astra for 37 38 thousand

eddysdaman
9th January 2014, 04:59 PM
What are you after on the ZR? I've got a mate who races his and he might be after another at the right price?

lee683
9th January 2014, 10:05 PM
What are you after on the ZR? I've got a mate who races his and he might be after another at the right price?

well there going for $10000+ on carsales, mine's only done 81000kms.

JohnBu
10th January 2014, 12:23 AM
How many years have they been sitting for sale at $10k?

lee683
10th January 2014, 08:13 AM
one has been on there for a while but thats an older one privately imported from england, 2 others on there have only been on for couple of weeks. how much would he be looking at??

eddysdaman
10th January 2014, 03:36 PM
I'd only be guessing based on what he's picked some up for previously but probably around 5k.
If you can, shoot me a PM and I'll pass it onto him, give me an idea what you're realistically looking for and a quick run down on the car.

mondo
27th February 2014, 02:42 AM
I can tell you there aren't many Corsa OPC's left, especially on the eastern seaboard. There is an Arden Blue demo with 1500km's on it at a dealer in Ballarat. I offered them $20k d/a and they accepted, then it got sold before i could go through with it. A day after I bought a new one from a different dealer, they called back and said that deal had fallen through. Ended up getting my new one for $21.8k