PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 4 - PC

poita
29th December 2013, 11:23 PM
Anyone else play?

add me poita18 (yep I'm super creative)

Mattyb
4th June 2014, 11:05 AM
I do, havent in a while but i do when i get the chance add me if you like MattyB66

poita
4th June 2014, 05:16 PM
Haven't played it since then, bought a PS3 and have gotten back into that.

Just never got into PC gaming for some reason

Sent from The Batphone

Silver Surfer
4th June 2014, 08:08 PM
On ps3 I'm addicted Level98

Numbnut
13th August 2014, 07:44 PM
Haven't played it since then, bought a PS3 and have gotten back into that.

Just never got into PC gaming for some reason

Sent from The Batphone

Steam as a market place makes it worthwhile.

SilentShout
27th August 2014, 01:09 AM
Is BF4 worth it??

I started playing in Bad company 2 and that game was Amazing.

Played bf3 when it came out but it didnt have the same feel due to people discovering the Saiga + Explosive rounds = spray and pray.

Looking to get back into an FPS as CS:GO is becoming way too elite atm.

DRMAT
27th August 2014, 10:25 PM
Definitely better now than when it first came out, they've fixed piles of bugs and balance issues, and still working on some as well and still tweaking gameplay. There's one more expansion pack to come still but there's been some very cheap deals getting around. There's always the 'it' gun when a new one comes out that everyone jumps on and then everyone complains about, at the moment it's the Bulldog that came in the new expansion but while it is an animal (see what i did there) they are doing a decent job of balancing i think ie. it does good damage but only has 21 bullets so you're going to be in trouble quickly in a firefight. There's also Battlefield CTE (Community Test Environment) where Dice/EA are trying out lots of backend and gameplay tweaks to see what works and what doesn't and it's based directly from player feedback ie. moving objectives and spawns on some maps for better gameplay or balance etc.
I could be biased (have played every BF since 1942) but i love it and still play regularly whereas CS has never really grabbed me as much.

SilentShout
27th August 2014, 10:27 PM
I started with 1942 and played a little bit of bf2 but that was all until bc2 and bf3.

Ill keep an eye out on origin for any sales then =) cheers

DRMAT
27th August 2014, 10:29 PM
Not sure if it's still on but Origin had a try BF4 for free for 168hrs or something a couple of weeks back.

SilentShout
27th August 2014, 10:42 PM
Just checked it doesnt look to be on special. Looks like you have to buy the game and then premium on top :(

SilentShout
28th August 2014, 06:05 AM
actually is premium worth it atm?? the one thing about BF3 was i felt the premium content expansions didnt excite me and i was still playing the old maps, with the exception of some of the close quarters content, that was pretty intense :)

Hilikus
2nd September 2014, 06:28 PM
I got premium as all my friends did so if I wanted to play with them... I reckon it's okay, keeps the game a bit fresher for longer as you get trickle fed new maps, guns, assignments etc. Probly the last DICE/EA game I'll buy though as I think BF4 is actually worse than BF3 and they never got around to perfecting BF3 before releasing BF4.

Silver Surfer
2nd September 2014, 08:49 PM
Cant wait for BF Hardline
Love my BF

DRMAT
3rd September 2014, 09:16 PM
Yeah i think the expansion packs are worth it, different maps, sometimes you just want a different game mode other than conquest, few different weapons and gadgets (although most are useless fluff). I'm a completionist so the assignments keep me busy. :D
Played the BF Hardline beta with my regular BF crew and we all came to the same conclusion.... they'd want to add a shitload more content to make it worthwhile. Seems like the vast majority of people think it should be a $20 DLC for regular BF.

Hilikus
4th September 2014, 12:47 AM
The real question is do you all play Normal or Hardcore mode?

SilentShout
4th September 2014, 01:57 AM
Used to love hardcore mode in both bc2 and bf3. Again though bc2 was hands down the best one so far imo

DRMAT
4th September 2014, 09:15 PM
I'm not fussed, i prefer normal in BF4 but not too worried by hardcore, no minimap is the most annoying thing. All my mates lose their minds in hardcore though so it's normally normal haha

SilentShout
6th September 2014, 01:44 PM
bought bf4 yesterday and played one match which i sucked in, and playing the campaign to get a feel for the controls, for some reason the start of the campaign feels very very familiar, like ive played it before :S

I cant remember my username so ill post it when i get home.

as always, PC master race reporting in :)

SilentShout
6th September 2014, 04:12 PM
TheSilentShout

rank 00 :) winning

ant0ny
20th October 2014, 11:22 PM
Anyone else play?

add me poita18 (yep I'm super creative)

I sent you a request in Origin... clam_as is me mate.

ChrisMaz
13th November 2014, 03:21 AM
Hey chaps, wanting more friendlies for BF4.

My username is chrismaz90, I've added you all. :)

SilentShout
13th November 2014, 03:31 AM
You a pc player or consol?? :) why does no one play on pc anymore :(

ChrisMaz
13th November 2014, 04:08 AM
PC!!!

Used to be a console player, but the current gen just doesn't appeal to me. Bought a gaming laptop (Moving countries soon) so BF4 runs mint on ultra.

SilentShout
13th November 2014, 04:12 AM
Neat. Ill accept add and maybe play tonight. Finish work at 7am so cant do anything atm

DRMAT
3rd December 2014, 04:44 PM
Man how much does the new Phantom Op assignment suck.... cbf waiting and hoping for the new dog tags to get it!

SilentShout
3rd December 2014, 09:20 PM
Not gonna lie, ive ben thoroughly distracted by pokemon and steam sales :(

SilentShout
21st February 2015, 02:44 PM
Not to resurrect an old thread but finally updated bf4 and added and accepted everyone :)