PDA

View Full Version : C14NZ clutches?

JTaylorTeam
14th December 2013, 04:06 PM
G day guys anyone know if heavy duty clutches are available for C14NZ's???? or if i can get a custom one made in S.A. ? THANKYOU.

chris_r
14th December 2013, 04:24 PM
It may be possible that the C16XE/X16XE pot-type flywheel and clutch could be a direct bolt on (Astra Z18XE also uses the same flywheel, but the clutch is different due to the Z18s hydraulic actuation). But, I would find it hard to believe that a C14 or C12 would have the need for a HD clutch. Even most replacement aftermarket clutches these days have up to 20% higher clamping loads than what the original clutch would have if it were new. If you want reasonably priced and decent quality clutches in SA, try Australian Clutch Services at Wingfield. It's on the corner of South and Cormack Roads. They'll supply clutches and machine the flywheel for you, but you will have to go somewhere else if you want it fitted.

JTaylorTeam
9th February 2014, 11:02 PM
It may be possible that the C16XE/X16XE pot-type flywheel and clutch could be a direct bolt on (Astra Z18XE also uses the same flywheel, but the clutch is different due to the Z18s hydraulic actuation). But, I would find it hard to believe that a C14 or C12 would have the need for a HD clutch. Even most replacement aftermarket clutches these days have up to 20% higher clamping loads than what the original clutch would have if it were new. If you want reasonably priced and decent quality clutches in SA, try Australian Clutch Services at Wingfield. It's on the corner of South and Cormack Roads. They'll supply clutches and machine the flywheel for you, but you will have to go somewhere else if you want it fitted.

kool man no worrys standered clutch shall do. :) as you know i got the 1.2 and gona swap it with the 1.4. are the gearboxs the same? should bolt straight up? i dont plan on swapping boxs but if they are the same then one with lower kms would be nice.

chris_r
10th February 2014, 12:29 AM
kool man no worrys standered clutch shall do. :) as you know i got the 1.2 and gona swap it with the 1.4. are the gearboxs the same? should bolt straight up? i dont plan on swapping boxs but if they are the same then one with lower kms would be nice.

Yes, the boxes should be pretty much the same (F13 type) and they should interchange without problems. The C12NZ could possibly have a F10 box, but the driveshafts and the CVs are all the same between these two. The only box in the Corsa B that differs in terms of driveshaft/CV joints is the GSi models with the F15CR boxes (which is all Australian delivery GSi models), which have bigger joints (22-spline shafts) to cope with the power increase. Later GSi's (post-98) used the F17 like the Astra Gs, but these used the same 28 spline shafts as the regular Corsa B models.