PDA

View Full Version : New member from Sydney - 2013 OPC Insignia

ra2006
3rd December 2013, 06:54 PM
Hello,

Quick run down, I only owned Saabs since 2000, they included a 2000 9-5, another 2003 Saab 9-5 Aero, then a 2006 9-3 Aero.

Anyway, Saab hit the skids and I needed a new car so I was looking at another brand. I owned a Vauxhall Nova back in the late 90's, and put over 130,000 Km's on it with no problems. So thought as Opel had come over I would have a look at the Insignia 2.0.

Long story short, went back home to the UK for 6 weeks at the end of July this year, returned on early Sept and found a brand new OPC Insignia was being advertised on the web for a cut down price of $46K. Test drove it and brought it on the same day.

And now I am here talking to you!

guy 27
3rd December 2013, 07:21 PM
Welcome to oa

faneca
3rd December 2013, 08:16 PM
Welcome along! Do get some photos up asap!

mickos
3rd December 2013, 09:07 PM
Nice one mate what colour did you get?

hazrd
3rd December 2013, 09:27 PM
Welcome

dutchy
3rd December 2013, 09:29 PM
Welcome to the forum.

chrissn89
3rd December 2013, 09:49 PM
Welcome, they sound like a fun car :)

bpoin007
4th December 2013, 07:44 AM
Welcome to OA hope to see some picture of it =D

Frederik
4th December 2013, 08:40 PM
Congratulations and welcome – Love the OPC Insignia enjoy

PreeCilla
19th December 2013, 01:04 PM
Welcome! Where abouts in Sydney are you?

rocky424
19th December 2013, 02:36 PM
Welcome to the forum! post up some pictures!

ra2006
20th December 2013, 09:31 AM
Welcome! Where abouts in Sydney are you?

Hi mate,

I am based out of Eastern Districts at the moment. But am about to move to North Shore.

ra2006
20th December 2013, 09:54 AM
Welcome to the forum! post up some pictures!

I will download the pictures from my phone and post them up at the weekend.

Suffice to say my initial thoughts after 2000km of driving are the following.

- Comfortable seats, infact the most confortable seats I have sat in.
- you can not turn on OPC mode in the city, it is just is too nuts too eager and completely undriveable, I did activate the button going onto the F3, slow on the initial accelaration but once you are in high range you can get to speed quickly (very quickly)
- Back seat passingers complained that leg room was a little tight, plus their view is obstructed by the driver and passinger seats. Plus they complained because there was no seat pockets in front of them on the driver and passinger seat. (they are used to my old Saab 9-5 though which has tons of space)
- One minor issue is noisy steering at full lock, I am taking to a service centre to investigate on Monday, I will report back on their findings.

Funny story happen on Saturday. I took it to a one of those car washing places. You know when they call out the make, model and colour of your car when it is ready, well there I was inside watching the cricket whilst it was being cleaned, after 40 minutes sat there I noticed the car was'nt on the court, Panicked big time, went up to the bloke and demanded to know what the hell has happened to my car.

He told me that they were calling out for me at least 5 times over the speakers and they had parked it out the back. Do you want to know what they said??

WHITE MAZDA, WHITE MAZDA .

A f**king Mazda!!!! I was furious!!! I informed him it was'nt a japanese piece of sh1t it was a German Opel. He then said 'thats right it is a Mazda Opel'.

PreeCilla
28th December 2013, 08:21 PM
Im down South. Cant wait too see some pictures!

aznpsuazn
4th January 2014, 04:55 PM
Haha, Mazda opel. Funny!

I just read that these cars have their engines assembled by Holden in Melbourne, shipped to Germany, then the cars come back with the engine in them. Long route home?

poita
4th January 2014, 05:31 PM
Haha, Mazda opel. Funny!

I just read that these cars have their engines assembled by Holden in Melbourne, shipped to Germany, then the cars come back with the engine in them. Long route home?

same as they did with the vectra b's

aznpsuazn
5th January 2014, 12:26 AM
Whats the point though? I mean what's so great about the assembly line in Melbourne that makes all the freighting worthwhile when Germany is an engineering monster?

PreeCilla
16th January 2014, 11:09 PM
Mini meet this Sunday. Check it out