PDA

View Full Version : Light corsa B body parts?

JTaylorTeam
17th November 2013, 10:34 PM
anyone know if i can get carbon fibre or fibre glass bonnets and guards for corsa B in aussie?? and or plexi windows?? basically anything lighter material?

adam_92
17th November 2013, 10:52 PM
Carbon fibre will cost a fortune and is illegal for road use. Im sure plexi glass is also illegal for a road car. Seriously strip rear seats and carpets and sound deadener if you wanna keep it legal.. spare wheel, interior trims etc.

JTaylorTeam
19th November 2013, 09:50 PM
already done that lol. damee. cheers mate.

dutchy
19th November 2013, 10:43 PM
I nearly bought a carbon f bonnet for the Astra J but learned later that it is indeed not allowed. Have been looking into dipping it but there's no-one but big enough equipment to do that. Not that it'll lower the weight what you are after but it looks damn cool. You could investigate if you can get an aluminium bonnet made though (if that is legal to use)

faneca
20th November 2013, 12:21 AM
Also I think you actually can get defected without a spare tyre but not 100% on that

ChrisMaz
20th November 2013, 03:28 AM
Carbon fibre will cost a fortune and is illegal for road use. Im sure plexi glass is also illegal for a road car. Seriously strip rear seats and carpets and sound deadener if you wanna keep it legal.. spare wheel, interior trims etc.

Not completely illegal. There are one or two producers in Australia that have ADR approved bonnets. They are insanely expensive though, heap of the Golf R's over here have them. (They are approved for road use, at least in W.A)

DRMAT
20th November 2013, 08:43 AM
Also I think you actually can get defected without a spare tyre but not 100% on that

That'd put most, or all BMWs off the road for the last 8-9 years that come with run flats and no spare.

If you can pull the panels off it isn't hard to find someone who can do a mould and make fibreglass or carbon fibre but the real question is how much do you want to spend and is it worth it. If it's a street car the answer is no.

chris_r
23rd November 2013, 10:28 PM
After seeing your car at Eurofest, I must say that I'm impressed with how much has been done to it, but you may be at that point where the only way to go faster is to get more power. And seemingly the cheapest and best value for money is an engine swap. But seeing as you use your car as a daily, you may just need to borrow a car, or buy a dunger to drive around whilst you're doing the swap and then sell the dunger when you're done.

faneca
24th November 2013, 12:27 AM
Unless we brotek two cars when we do samas haha

chris_r
24th November 2013, 01:11 PM
Unless we brotek two cars when we do samas haha

Haha, could be three if Rikki wants to do his at the same time. But seriously, if you do an engine swap, you ideally want to allow time for something to happen that completely f***s your day up.