PDA

View Full Version : Holdens selling remaining Opel stock....

Theo
14th November 2013, 04:08 PM
There has been influx of Opels on Carsales - but these are been sold by Holdens:-
From what I can figure:-

Gibbons Holden in WA
Northside Holden in NSW
Performance Automobiles in Hobart

Shaun
15th November 2013, 10:48 AM
It was Menitioned on Car Point last month in an Article.

Theo
15th November 2013, 11:58 AM
Holden considering in selling Opel Sourced cars within 2 years...

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2013/holden-steps-toward-opel-40016

faneca
15th November 2013, 12:09 PM
Interesting read. I hope Holden manage to sell a good range of them here. Not only because were are an Opel forum but because it would mean bringing back some class to their range. With the exception of the vf Commodore there really isn't anything Holden is selling that is appealing to anyone that knows a little about cars.
Not to mention the Opel products look that much better.

kabel
15th November 2013, 09:15 PM
One wonders if that should not have been the plan all along !

At least something good may come out of Opel`s short term foray in Australia.
"Gunter glieben glauten globen".......it`s better to burn out than to fade away !

stevedee3
16th November 2013, 11:40 PM
With the exception of the vf Commodore there really isn't anything Holden is selling that is appealing to anyone that knows a little about cars. Volt?

poita
17th November 2013, 01:55 AM
Volt?

Not very appealing. An ugly car with a hideous price tag

chris_r
17th November 2013, 05:36 AM
"Gunter glieben glauten globen".......it`s better to burn out than to fade away !

Any more, and someone might think you're singing along to The Offspring, lol.

Theo
17th November 2013, 01:20 PM
Steinborner in SA will be selling Opel stock:- caspers turbo MikeS55

Couldn't they pick anyone within the CBD that way could of got the cars serviced by them...instead of fricken Gawler!?!?!

Theo
17th November 2013, 01:21 PM
Not very appealing. An ugly car with a hideous price tag

Opel Ampera?

poita
17th November 2013, 01:45 PM
Opel Ampera?

Same ugly car with a different badge

chris_r
17th November 2013, 04:08 PM
Steinborner in SA will be selling Opel stock:- caspers turbo MikeS55

Couldn't they pick anyone within the CBD that way could of got the cars serviced by them...instead of fricken Gawler!?!?!

Apparently not. You'd think they'd pick someone who aren't a bunch of tossers too.

metry
17th November 2013, 04:11 PM
Any more, and someone might think you're singing along to The Offspring, lol.

*def leoppard

to rebadge them and sell them as holdens would probably make it more viable. or even selling a few of them through holden dealers however i think the opel name has been damaged considering they were here for 11 month and pulled out. people will remember that

MikeS55
17th November 2013, 04:58 PM
Living north of Adelaide I'm already half way to Gawler, so in some respects more convenient for me, but clearly not for most.

ChrisMaz
19th November 2013, 05:40 PM
*def leoppard

to rebadge them and sell them as holdens would probably make it more viable. or even selling a few of them through holden dealers however i think the opel name has been damaged considering they were here for 11 month and pulled out. people will remember that

I'd say the thousand people that bought and recognised Opel as a brand will. Most people still probably don't realise Opel was even here.

faneca
19th November 2013, 05:43 PM
I'd say the thousand people that bought and recognised Opel as a brand will. Most people still probably don't realise Opel was even here.

Or that they actually left

Theo
20th November 2013, 06:10 PM
faneca Smith Holdens at Port Adelaide selling white GTC....

faneca
20th November 2013, 06:25 PM
Yep saw it yesterday on the way to work

adam_92
20th November 2013, 07:09 PM
Southgate holden at reynella have...
grey opc insignia
Arden opc insignia
Black, grey, white zafiras
Black astra wagon
White astra turbo hatch.

Opc insignias are 54k
Zafiras range from 34k-44k
And I can't remember what the astras were.

imtfbundy
20th November 2013, 11:22 PM
I still get people asking what I drive.When I say Opel, they say a what?

Theo
21st November 2013, 01:55 PM
Complete list of all Holden dealers Australia wide selling Opels at liquidation prices:-

http://www.holden.com.au/opel

http://www.holden.com.au/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1237135875433&ssbinary=true&blobheader=application/pdf

Nick965
21st November 2013, 08:05 PM

I tried to order car insurance over the phone. The insurance sales rep said she could not find the Opel brand in her system. After much back and forth it turns out she was searching for "opal"!

caspers turbo
26th November 2013, 05:48 PM
i drive an OPC Astra and get lots of looks & people asking what it is, i get quite a kick when i tell em it's an Astra, most of the Holden Commondoore crew would think of an Astra as a hairdressers car, but it's the whole look of the car that people fall for not the badge.

Nick965
30th November 2013, 10:37 AM
There's a tonne of new opels that have just been listed on carsales. When I was negotiating a price for mine a couple of months ago the dealer said, presumably to put pressure on me, that if we couldn't do a deal the remaining stock would be sent back to Europe - which seems now to be total bollocks.

Shaun
30th November 2013, 10:54 AM
There's a tonne of new opels that have just been listed on carsales. When I was negotiating a price for mine a couple of months ago the dealer said, presumably to put pressure on me, that if we couldn't do a deal the remaining stock would be sent back to Europe - which seems now to be total bollocks.

Rule No 1: Never believe what a Salesman tells you.
Rule No 2 : Refer to Rule Number 1.

I was told a few stories by dealerships when the announcement was made.
One being the the same as you mentioned. I laughed and said good one dickhead. The cars have been Complianced in Australia ( Once they hit holding yards compliance plates are fitted) and they can not be sent back.
Another dealership told me Opel would register the remanding stock and run them through Auctions across the country to move them.

The Holden Option was always the way they would go.

Word of advise though. If anyone is looking to buy i would sit tight until January. December is normally a hard month for New Car Sales numbers and normally dealerships will hold end of calander year sales in early to mid January. Possibly you will pick up an extra discount on the cars then. they are effectively 12 month old cars once they are registered . The remanding Opel stock will take some time to move. The product wasnt fast moving when the brand was here as a supported product so i feel it will
take alittle longer now to move the remanding stock.

kabel
1st December 2013, 04:02 PM
Holden had a full page add in yesterdays West Motoring section.
$22k driveaway for a Corsa OPC !

Shadow110
1st December 2013, 04:49 PM
Holden had a full page add in yesterdays West Motoring section.
$22k driveaway for a Corsa OPC !

Balls thats cheap!!!

Milesy
1st December 2013, 09:23 PM
Simply unbeatable bang for your buck! They should be walking out of Holden dealerships at those prices!

ra2006
3rd December 2013, 06:45 PM
Well, sorry to be a smart arse chaps but in July I went back home to the UK and was considering a Insignia 2.0 petrol version upon my return. I was in Poland and test drove the car and thought that I am 90% sure that I will go back to Sydney and buy one. When I returned in the beginning of Sept that was the first I heard that Opel had pulled out of Aus and saw that a Sydney dealer was offering the OPC Insignia for 46K with 250kms on the clock. Sorry boys, but a car that was worth 60K two weeks previously now had a 14K price cut I was up it like a rat up a drainpipe. Just a little peeved that they never brought the manual down here!!

Blip
3rd December 2013, 11:55 PM
holden trax - opel mokka much???

ChrisMaz
4th December 2013, 07:03 AM
Well, sorry to be a smart arse chaps but in July I went back home to the UK and was considering a Insignia 2.0 petrol version upon my return. I was in Poland and test drove the car and thought that I am 90% sure that I will go back to Sydney and buy one. When I returned in the beginning of Sept that was the first I heard that Opel had pulled out of Aus and saw that a Sydney dealer was offering the OPC Insignia for 46K with 250kms on the clock. Sorry boys, but a car that was worth 60K two weeks previously now had a 14K price cut I was up it like a rat up a drainpipe. Just a little peeved that they never brought the manual down here!!

Well done mate, You've just voiced the feeling that every Official Opel buyer in Aus feels. Depreciation isn't everything to a lot of owners. Please, continue to shit on everyone.