PDA

View Full Version : New Astra J Sport Hatch owner

legsmatty
12th November 2013, 09:21 PM
Hi everyone!

New to the site, and new to the Opel world. Got my brand new Opel Astra J Sport Hatch (1.4 Auto) a bit over a month ago and love it. Also got the premium paint, AFL+ and the Opel 19" wheels. Incredibly comfortable, very nice to drive and looks amazing.

My only gripes so far is a small rattle in the front passengers door, and an auto transmission that's too easily confused around the 1st to 2nd gear change (and vice versa). Especially when coming out of a corner and it realises you'd actually like a gear, it gives quite a shunt when it finally gives you one. I will get around to making a proper post about this issue in the relevant place, but am very interested if anybody else have had the same issues. Though realise there's probably only a handful of these cars on the road.

Give me a wave if you see me out and about in Melbourne!

Cheers
Matt

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/12/eqa9aduh.jpg

legsmatty
12th November 2013, 09:23 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/12/ahajereg.jpg
and another pic

dutchy
12th November 2013, 10:12 PM
Welcome to the forum Matt. Cant comment about the automatic as I drive a manual. I did have a 1.4 automatic on loan for a month or so and did not experience the things you mentioned. I did find the kickdown a bit slow though. Re the rattle, are you sure it's coming from the door ? Just double check as I did have a similar rattle which I thought came form near the passenger door but I traced that back to a battery tray divider (think I posted that in the how-to section)

guy 27
12th November 2013, 10:17 PM
welcome to OA

nigelh
12th November 2013, 10:28 PM
Welcome to OA
Do you mean it losses drive going through the corner then shunts back into gear? If so that is often caused by low oil level best take it to your Holden dealer to be check, they should be fairly familiar with the transmission it's fitted to the cruze.

legsmatty
15th November 2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks guys.
Dutchy - the rattle is definitely in the door - it stops if you push on the door trim.
Nigelh - it's hard to describe. It's only a brief moment, but it's almost like the transmission is briefly in neutral after you've come off power, and as you put the power back on to come out of the corner, you've slightly built up revs before it gives you a gear, which gives you quite a shunt. I did notice a slightly similar behavior in a different astra sport that I test drove. I didn't think anything of it then as it was 50kms on the odo and thought the transmission may still be "learning".