PDA

View Full Version : Recent Insignia purchase

dorana
11th November 2013, 10:58 PM
Hey,

I recently bought a 2010 Insignia (diesel EcoFlex model) and I have a few questions maybe some experts can help me decide on :-) I've noticed a few things
1) the MPG is between 41 and 45 which I though was a bit low - is that normal? I get around 46-48 on my 2001 Seat Toledo diesel with the same type of driving.
2) the gears are very crunchy and rough through 1st, 2nd and 3rd - is that normal?
3) At low RPM (around the 1200) it really needs to be changed down, it cannot drive out of it - e.g. if I'm goin at 30pmh in 4th it will start to chuck along until I drop to 3rd - again this is not something I've ever noticed in any other car. Is that normal in the Insignia?

I just wanted to check it out here before I end up wasting my time and money bringing it to the garage.

Thanks alot!

chris_r
11th November 2013, 11:24 PM
Hi there, it'd be a bit hard for a few here to help. Mainly, as Opel only sold the Insignia here for 11 months and only a couple of people on here would have one. We only got the 2.0 turbo petrol and turbo diesel models, as well as the OPC variant, all of which were automatic only. I believe Nurb608 has an Insignia wagon, so he could possibly tell you what sort of mileage he gets.

If you've got a manual gearbox and the gears are crunching, I'd be getting the clutch checked out first as any grinding or crunching sound under normal shifting conditions isn't normal in any car.

Kennedy
12th November 2013, 09:16 PM
When the insignia came out a few years ago in the UK, they couldn't sell them as they were poorly built. Could buy a near new one for the same price as a much older Vectra.

Don't know much about the newer ones though, hopefully they're better than the older ones

Nurb608
13th November 2013, 07:06 PM
Bit hard to compare on my model, but as Chris said, if the gears are crunching, get it checked out. Mine is a little rough until it's warmed up but then it's fine. Fuel consumption is 6.5l/110k which is around 43.5 but that's on a tourer so a bit heavier.