PDA

View Full Version : Astra h sri-t 2006 Exhaust

Fourbanger
29th October 2013, 10:08 AM
Hey guys new astra owner here and looking for some help, just got a 2006 SRI-T and I'm keen to upgrade the exhaust system but I have came across one site selling a system saying that it needs a stage 2 ecu is this true , any help would be apreciated , also what is the best system to go for I'm after a nice note but not too quiet thanks

Kennedy
29th October 2013, 10:31 AM
You don't require a tune when you change the exhaust system, but a tune will make the most out of changing your exhaust. I have a precat decat, onto normal cat then 2 1/2 inch cat-back with one rear muffler, sounds good. Pops and bangs which is nice.

Fourbanger
29th October 2013, 02:05 PM
That sounds good to me , so when you say pre cat decat then normal cat is there 2 cats on it as standard ? Do you get much attention from cops ?

Kennedy
29th October 2013, 02:57 PM
That's right mate, the pipe that comes directly off the turbo is the precat, then the flex, then the main cat. All I done with the precat is hollow it out by removing the guts of it. Only ever been pulled over for speeding. It's made a nice little improvement, wouldn't go higher than 2 1/2 if your staying under 300hp.

Fourbanger
29th October 2013, 04:50 PM
That's what I'll do so , I don't intend on getting near 300hp to be honest can't afford it . On another note have you fitted a bov on yours , I'm looking to fit one also but can't seem to find out what parts are exactly needed to do it , I know I need a twin piston dump valve but that's it ?

Kennedy
29th October 2013, 04:54 PM
Nope, just fitted a cone filter. Sounds as though there is a D.V but there's not. You need to fit it on the pipe from the intercooler to the tophat, then plumb a vacuum line into the Fuel Pressure Regulator. And yes you need a twin piston D.V.

Fourbanger
29th October 2013, 06:02 PM
Ok I'll get onto it thanks for the help mate , much apreciated :)

Fourbanger
4th December 2013, 02:44 PM
Hey Kennedy how did you go about hollowing out the precat

Kennedy
4th December 2013, 09:00 PM
I used some burning gear, a large prybar and a hammer. Got the honeycomb core glowing orange and whacked it. Repeated until it broke up enough to remove