PDA

View Full Version : places that BUY your car off you?

em
12th January 2005, 05:59 PM
Hey people,
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to places that buy second hand cars?

I want to go overseas very soon (like next week) and need to off load my car just wondering if anyone knows of dealers etc what buy cars off you. In the SYD area

Can you put the dealers name and suburb when you reply….
thankyou

Anonymous
12th January 2005, 06:04 PM
on parra rd just up from edward lees car yard there is a place that buys cars as its wholesale the value will be lower than private its a white building

SIMid
12th January 2005, 08:17 PM
tried driving to Holden dealerships? Worth shopping around and comparing offers. At least if yours is in good nick, they may offer U something that wont make U tell them to get firetrucked. ;)

imad4u
12th January 2005, 08:19 PM
just turn upto a holden dealership... they should be interested in looking at it... as its a holden and has low kms...

Mr T
14th January 2005, 06:49 PM
Em, there are a few dodgies that will sell it on consignment (I know a couple) or like the other guys said try a couple of Holden Dealers. But go to a few, they may not want it if they are over stocked, they will most likely just quote less if thay have a few rather than tell you that they are over stocked.

em
14th January 2005, 06:52 PM
Glen I might call you about it and see what you have in mind. Davide and I are headed out to Parramatta Rd on Monday to check some out.

Shazza
14th January 2005, 08:30 PM
What about selling it at an Auction? There are car auctions running every week, and depending on what auction you sell it at (dealer, private, general etc) you might get more than a wholesale price for it.

em
14th January 2005, 08:37 PM
What about selling it at an Auction? There are car auctions running every week, and depending on what auction you sell it at (dealer, private, general etc) you might get more than a wholesale price for it.

WOW really! can you give me more info on this PLEASE :)

Mr Cali
14th January 2005, 11:25 PM
I was at Pickles Auction on Wednesday and a 2002 CD went for $10.5K, you can put a reserve on it but usually auctions sells at less then wholesale

Alfonzo
16th January 2005, 12:58 AM
Have you thought about a broker?

Back in '96 we got more than double the insurance value for the old family car though a broker.

Sure that's a best case scenario, but hey, why not give them a shot?