PDA

View Full Version : New to opel from Perth

Bunni
12th October 2013, 04:58 PM
hi all just thought id join since i bought myself a 05 Vectra and hoping to make it look hot =) its cuttently stock so im fitting a sound system at the moment but want to get opel badges and pretty it up a bit with a bodykit eventually but i dont know where to start . nice to meet u all xx

guy 27
12th October 2013, 05:28 PM
Welcome to oa

adam_92
12th October 2013, 05:36 PM
Welcome to opelaus!

scamp
12th October 2013, 06:07 PM
welcome on board mate , good luck with your new car .

faneca
12th October 2013, 06:41 PM
Welcome along mate!

bpoin007
12th October 2013, 06:55 PM
Welcome to OA

ChrisMaz
12th October 2013, 09:31 PM
Welcome mate. So good to have another vec in perth! If you need any tips or parts. Give me a yell. I have a chrome opel grille that you can purchase off me if you like ;)

What part of perth are you in and what model of Vec have you got?

Bunni
14th October 2013, 04:06 PM
Welcome mate. So good to have another vec in perth! If you need any tips or parts. Give me a yell. I have a chrome opel grille that you can purchase off me if you like ;)

What part of perth are you in and what model of Vec have you got?can u show me a pic of the grille?? i been looking at a few on ebay just getting ideas of what can be done and how i want it to look.
im north of the river. umm as for model ha i'd have to look at my rego papers i know its a 05' vectra 2.2L v6 ill post a pic later when i get home thinking of respraying it a nice green like a python green or something if that makes sense. but it wont be resprayed till i have all my bits to go with it like a nice bodykit

lonewolf1983
14th October 2013, 06:27 PM
welcome aboard fellow perthian

Bunni
14th October 2013, 09:42 PM
so i was staring at the car and saw a CD badge on the side. Is that what u meant?

ChrisMaz
15th October 2013, 01:59 AM
so i was staring at the car and saw a CD badge on the side. Is that what u meant?

You have a 2.2L 4 cylinder then. Only engines we got in aus were the 2.2 4 pot and the 3.2 v6 with optional manual.

I'll grab a photo of the grille when I get home tomorrow. I also have a spare cdxi rear lip spoiler.

Bunni
15th October 2013, 09:21 PM
damn i thought i had the v6.. nevermind eventually when im done with it, it will look and sound mint

ChrisMaz
16th October 2013, 12:11 AM
damn i thought i had the v6.. nevermind eventually when im done with it, it will look and sound mint

Heres the Grille I have for sale.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/5960_261891730120_7004928_n.jpg

I'll also have a pair of CDXi headlights to sell pretty soon (I've been saying that for close to 2 years....) if you want the black insert headlights.

Bunni
16th October 2013, 08:40 PM
i got my eye on an irmscher grille at the moment but if i dont end up getting it ill keep you in mind if you havent gotten rid of it yet havent even thought about headlights yet haha

buchmueller
16th October 2013, 10:47 PM
Welcome to OA Bunni. Good to see your enthusiasm. The guys on the forum are very knowledgeable and offer good advice. Good luck!

ChrisMaz
17th October 2013, 01:10 AM
i got my eye on an irmscher grille at the moment but if i dont end up getting it ill keep you in mind if you havent gotten rid of it yet havent even thought about headlights yet haha

Best bet would be to pick one up from Vectra-C.com.

If you havent signed up you definitely should! They have a great how to database and they have a lot of great items pop up from time to time.
Nothing beats local knowledge though :p

Bunni
17th October 2013, 10:12 AM
Best bet would be to pick one up from Vectra-C.com.

If you havent signed up you definitely should! They have a great how to database and they have a lot of great items pop up from time to time.
Nothing beats local knowledge though :p

awesome thanks i've signed up the them now hopefully can pick up a few things from there. i got a question though my front bumper has a dent hole in it (bought it like that) and i want to get a whole new front bumper but everytime i look on ebay i can only find the models up from mine, down from mine or an ugly one. most of them are the front spoiler im assuming thats the bottom add on to the bumper... grr i need a new bumper before i get the front lip done!!! ill post a pic of mine from my phone and a pic of the one i want maybe someone can point me in the right direction of where i can find one. would really appreciate the help its wracking my brain. my boyfie is of no help he doesn't know new cars hes playing with his project e30 and his brain is old school.

Bunni
17th October 2013, 10:25 AM
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww66/Killa_B22/photo.jpg (http://s706.photobucket.com/user/Killa_B22/media/photo.jpg.html)
is what i have as you can see the dent is on the left side and i cant respray the car with that there
and
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww66/Killa_B22/T2eC16hHJGkFFmk7BvBSDh3oluCg60_12.jpg (http://s706.photobucket.com/user/Killa_B22/media/T2eC16hHJGkFFmk7BvBSDh3oluCg60_12.jpg.html)
is what i want

ChrisMaz
17th October 2013, 01:19 PM
Ok. Well you're after a CDXi Front Bumper (GSi in the U.K) and the Irmscher front lip. The front lips aren't in production so you'll have to go for a replica. ( http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=3_311_142_486&products_id=9092 ) If you get the bumper you'll also need to get the bottom grille (I went for the signum grille because it looks more flush with the Signum fog surrounds and irmscher top grille) and fog lights

Best bet is to get a whole new bumper from autovaux.co.uk and then attach the new lip from nicedeals.co.uk.... I warn you now it's not going to be cheap You'll have to email them what you're after as their online catalog is incomplete.

If you do end up buying that lip from nicedeals, PM me as I'll also buy one and we can split the shipping. My current lip is cracked to all hell and it's probably easier to get a fresh one than get it repaired.

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/272365_10150734073405121_2464868_o.jpg

Bunni
18th October 2013, 12:33 AM
Ok. Well you're after a CDXi Front Bumper (GSi in the U.K) and the Irmscher front lip. The front lips aren't in production so you'll have to go for a replica. ( http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=3_311_142_486&products_id=9092 ) If you get the bumper you'll also need to get the bottom grille (I went for the signum grille because it looks more flush with the Signum fog surrounds and irmscher top grille) and fog lights

Best bet is to get a whole new bumper from autovaux.co.uk and then attach the new lip from nicedeals.co.uk.... I warn you now it's not going to be cheap You'll have to email them what you're after as their online catalog is incomplete.

If you do end up buying that lip from nicedeals, PM me as I'll also buy one and we can split the shipping. My current lip is cracked to all hell and it's probably easier to get a fresh one than get it repaired.

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/272365_10150734073405121_2464868_o.jpg

u are 1 amazing guy im not too stressed about the price ive come to terms of how much this baby is going to cost me being a European car and all the parts i want coming from the UK haha.. i will def be ordering soon tho ill have a proper look this weekend and let you know when i order it so we can split the postage. im very impulsive and want stuff NOW haha but im sure that will change over time my last car was already done up so i didnt have to worry now im going crazy wanting it all done and finished which is so not gonna happen quickly.

ChrisMaz
18th October 2013, 12:44 AM
u are 1 amazing guy im not too stressed about the price ive come to terms of how much this baby is going to cost me being a European car and all the parts i want coming from the UK haha.. i will def be ordering soon tho ill have a proper look this weekend and let you know when i order it so we can split the postage. im very impulsive and want stuff NOW haha but im sure that will change over time my last car was already done up so i didnt have to worry now im going crazy wanting it all done and finished which is so not gonna happen quickly.

No worries.

Just be sure to buy most of your OEM parts from Autovaux and you should be O.K. I have a parts list for the whole signum conversion somewhere if you need it. (Granted I didn't need foglights as the cdxi had them already so no part numbers available for those)

Bunni
30th October 2013, 12:14 AM
No worries.

Just be sure to buy most of your OEM parts from Autovaux and you should be O.K. I have a parts list for the whole signum conversion somewhere if you need it. (Granted I didn't need foglights as the cdxi had them already so no part numbers available for those)

so i got a quote from autovaux for the front bumper.. almost died they want 200 pounds + about 270 pounds delivery.. im gonna see if i can find anything at the wreckers in Australia might get it for cheaper... may need to pay some of my credit card off if its all going to cost this much. cant just be happy with a bumper im going to need the whole bodykit and my exhaust done lol

lonewolf1983
30th October 2013, 12:52 AM
cars are sadly a very expensive hobby! :(

poita
30th October 2013, 12:58 AM
Not a bad price for the freight considering the size of a front bar.

ChrisMaz
30th October 2013, 12:58 AM
As per PM.

Good luck finding a CDXi (GSi) kit at a wreckers. There's just none floating around in perth.