PDA

View Full Version : Smash Repairers - Watch OUT!!!!!

madman
12th January 2005, 11:55 AM
Well i guess this could be classed as a rant about a bad job a smash repairer has done on my car and it is a look out for everyone else.

My front bumper had been hit on the drivers side and this bustered my bumper and fog light. I logged the claim with the NRMA but because i never caught the person who did this in the shopping centre i had to pay the excess which was significantly lower than a repair outright would have been.

I went oversease and put my car in, the repairer that i took it to said that if i did not go with the NRMA and paid him directly he could do it a lot cheaper. Which it was but the original bumper was used which after the accident was out of alignment and the fog light he just glued back to gether. Of course after a few mins of use the glue melted and it came off fre.

2 months later my front bumper started to fall of so i took it back to the repairer, he did not seem very consered that this happend, he said "Well that is what happens when you use the existing bumper", but since i don't know anything about repairing cars i TRUSTED HAAAA is advise.

So last night i got the car back and still the front bumper is out of alignment and the fog light he had to now replace but it STILL does not work. In order to make the bumper sit in line with the headlights he moved and tilted my headlights down to the ground so now i have to re align my headlights because i can't see more than an arms length in front.

I contacted the repairer and told him how unhappy i was, there response was ohh well your car bonnet is out of line so we would have to correct that. Which was after talking to my new repairer is bullshit.

I got sick of this guy so i took it to another repairer for a second opinion and quote this morning. I was told that yes a new bumper should have been used and the paint work that was done on the bumper was in the works of the new repairer "SHIT" there was dirt and it was scratched and cracked.

So with all that information i went back to my original repairer and said you did a shoddy job give me my money back. Of course he said no.

So now I am up for a lot of money and am lodging a complaint with the MVRIA to get my money back..

Has anyone lodge a complaint wit hte MVRIA before or had a shoddy repair job?????

Any advise would be greatful.

imad4u
12th January 2005, 04:40 PM
are they a nrma recommand repairer... ? if so complain to nrma as he may loose his right to call himself a recommand repairer...

GAZ914
12th January 2005, 05:10 PM
the repairer that i took it to said that if i did not go with the NRMA and paid him directly he could do it a lot cheaper

There is merit in not getting the cheapest job done.

Make some noise with NRMA and MVRIC and get a written report from the "good" repairer as evidence, even if it costs a few bucks.

Also try to remember what was said about how you wanted the repair done - ie did you ask for "fix it as cheap as possible" or "fix it right".

Did you get a receipt?

Do yourself a "report" (unemotional) stating the time-line and facts as you see them. You will have a much better chance than turning up and sying "he did a shit job..."

Good luck
GAZ

16vopl
12th January 2005, 08:04 PM
the repairer that i took it to said that if i did not go with the NRMA and paid him directly he could do it a lot cheaper
this parts thrown me? i take it he wasnt the reccomended repairer cause he gets the same amount of money going through or around NRMA.

and the second part so the amount he said if you didnt go with him was less then the excess you had to pay? cause otherwise that was pointless unless you have a nice big noclaim bonus.
if youre in canberra or close go to supreme automotive services.
theyve done and are doing an awsome job with my calibra...
havnt bitched about parts etc once except for an engine bracket. that he found :wink:

madman
12th January 2005, 09:58 PM
Well after i got a second opinion i found out that my first repairer was not NRMA approved but it was strange the claims hotline said i could take the car there to have it repaired through them.

the second question, the amount i had to pay for an insurance job was $866 and he quoted me $533. I am in Sydney and have found another recommended repairer by a family member.

I am just filling out the MVRIA forms to lodge a complaint against him and get my money back.

madman
12th January 2005, 09:59 PM
That is all too true now there is no substitue for a cheap job. I am getting a report now and filling out the forms. Thanks for the advise.

There is merit in not getting the cheapest job done.

Make some noise with NRMA and MVRIC and get a written report from the "good" repairer as evidence, even if it costs a few bucks.

Also try to remember what was said about how you wanted the repair done - ie did you ask for "fix it as cheap as possible" or "fix it right".

Did you get a receipt?

Do yourself a "report" (unemotional) stating the time-line and facts as you see them. You will have a much better chance than turning up and sying "he did a **moderated** job..."

Good luck
GAZ