PDA

View Full Version : im new so be gentle with me

ididntdoit
5th October 2013, 09:20 PM
hi guys im pete from nsw Australia... I recently purchased a 96 holden combo for $500 gave it a lick of black paint some 17ich rims an just a general tidy up...why you ask .. just for a cheap run around and it annoys the wife every time I do it ...id upload a pic but I cant figure out how to do it..thnx for listening

dutchy
5th October 2013, 10:20 PM
welcome to the forum mate. saw your pic you were trying to upload but doesnt work. you need to upload onto photobucket and then copy - paste the link code.

guy 27
5th October 2013, 10:22 PM
welcome to OA

faneca
5th October 2013, 10:28 PM
Welcome along!

Another Pete....

benzino
5th October 2013, 11:11 PM
Another Pete....

Was going to say the same thing! :lol:

welcome!

dutchy
6th October 2013, 03:00 PM
Pete's the best name there is, means ROCK :)

adam_92
6th October 2013, 03:07 PM
Rock Brock.... hahaha

chris_r
6th October 2013, 07:46 PM
hi guys im pete from nsw Australia... I recently purchased a 96 holden combo for $500 gave it a lick of black paint some 17ich rims an just a general tidy up...why you ask .. just for a cheap run around and it annoys the wife every time I do it ...id upload a pic but I cant figure out how to do it..thnx for listening

Welcome. My older brother has a 98 Combo that I've spent a lot of time under the bonnet of, amongst the various SB Barinas/Corsa Bs of the same vintage. Not a bad little runabout though and has got me out of a few situations where I've needed a van on short notice (I work as a courier). My only real gripe, is that 1.4 is too small for the damn thing (and that's the multi-point injected C14SE, I'd believe yours is the single point C14NZ engine). Given that my brother may be taking his off the road in the next couple of months, I'll probably tinker with it a bit more and slip a 1.8L Z18XE in it. I did this with my old GSi and it was worth the effort and I think it'd be nice in one of these little vans too.

bpoin007
6th October 2013, 11:34 PM
Welcome to OA

ididntdoit
8th October 2013, 10:20 AM
thnx for the warm welcome guys...