PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Canberra

powerd
5th October 2013, 06:54 PM
G'day everyone

Today I bought an unreg 2000 Olympic Edition, as a car for my my daughter to learn on. She is definitely not getting near my new company car, as am she will have more than a passing relationship with post, guardrails and various other solid scrapey type objects when she is both on her Ls and Ps.

It does need a few things sorted but it was an amazing buy from a work colleague. I am struggling to remember my 50th birthday now, had children late, but in my younger days I mucked about with cars, fixing them (I had too, they were complete crap like Austin A30s and old Holdens) and I had no money to pay people to fix them for me. In the last 20 years, I have had company cars, which were serviced at the dealers. So only ha to check fluids and do the odd small job on those. But I have also a couple of Jaguars, so have had to learn more about electricals and other bits than I cared to. But I am no mechanical guru, I just muddle through.

I will post details in general discussion about the car, as I need advice on a number issues with it. Suffice to say it has done quite a few kms, needs some things sorted but is completely driveable, might have an engine issue (or might not) and I paid an absurdly low price for it.

Look forward to joining in the forum.

Cheers
powerd

guy 27
5th October 2013, 06:57 PM
welcome to OA

dutchy
5th October 2013, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the forum.

faneca
6th October 2013, 10:10 AM
Welcome along!