PDA

View Full Version : dynamic sounds postage?

wolfeey
5th October 2013, 06:07 PM
ive purchased a steering controls lead from dynamic sounds uk over ebay and was given a tracking number and the estimated delivery date which was last thursday
on checking the tracking number after postage it said it was international and as of checking the number yesterday it now says the number is invalid??
so question is how long did it take for postage for anything bought from uk and why would the number be invalid?

guy 27
5th October 2013, 06:38 PM
depending how it was posted anywhere from 4 days to 3 weeks.

DRMAT
5th October 2013, 07:36 PM
Sometimes the number becomes invalid when it is handed over to local shipping as well depending how it was sent. I've had stuff from the US before that i could track to Aust but then once here lost track due to local carriers changing the number. If it's not here by next Thurs i'd start worrying.

dutchy
5th October 2013, 08:14 PM
For some reason, postage from Europe (mainly Holland and Germany) is extremely slow at the moment. I get parcels on a daily basis from Europe and some of them do take 3 to 4 weeks. Normally it's only 1 or 2 weeks.

wolfeey
6th October 2013, 02:53 PM
alright so ill wait till next weekend and then i might email the seller .. sound like a good idea?

chris_r
6th October 2013, 06:46 PM
My stuff took about a week from them. It's sent via regular international post, which basically once it leaves the country of origin, any tracking is pretty much pointless.

Usually, I expect stuff sent in this manner to take at least 1.5-2.5 weeks to reach me from the UK.