PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide Opel...

Theo
4th October 2013, 03:45 PM
Adelaide shuts it's doors tonight. Ferrari has started to move it's car's into showroom as we speak. All Opel cars that didn't get registered are being sent back - I'm guessing to those remaining dealers in the east.
They're delivering one more car tomorrow, and still have the demos i.e. yellow OPC Astra, black OPC Insignia, red GTC for sale but through BWM.

Gerald the Principal Dealer is moving on to Mercedes... hope he looks after us Opel customers.

poita
4th October 2013, 03:51 PM
If he's going to Mercedes I doubt you will have anything to do with him again tbh

adam_92
4th October 2013, 03:52 PM
When did you find out the cars were going back? I was talking to gerald on wednesday when I went down to pick up some opel signage and he said he had been told that the remaining cars would be sent to holden dealerships to clear off

Theo
4th October 2013, 04:23 PM
If he's going to Mercedes I doubt you will have anything to do with him again tbh
poita .... meant to say...when the time comes to upgrade

When did you find out the cars were going back? I was talking to gerald on wednesday when I went down to pick up some opel signage and he said he had been told that the remaining cars would be sent to holden dealerships to clear off
adam_92 - around 4:00pm today, I went past to pick up some more key-rings and we were chatting about things... he said that the cars where going back, and I've assumed to the remaining Opel Dealers as per the Opel website.
He mentioned to me that all the tools and parts have been packed up ready to be sent to Holdens.
I asked about the signage and he said that they too were being packed up, but not sure where it was going.

what did you end up scoring?

MikeS55
4th October 2013, 05:03 PM
I forget his name, but I would like to know where their Opel mechanic is going!

adam_92
4th October 2013, 05:09 PM
There was no opel mechanics as such mike. I applied for a job as a mechanic there but was told they weren't employing anyone as specific opel until it picked up at christmas time as the cars will be a year old. All the mechanics that were doing opels were bmw mechanics mainly that did the odd opel when it came in.

Theo
4th October 2013, 05:59 PM
There was:-
Gordon - spare parts guy.
Nathan (I think) - service guy, but he was mainly BMW as Adam mentioned.