PDA

View Full Version : Colour code help

R3N
11th January 2005, 04:45 PM
Anyone know the Opel equivalent of Holden's Z147 Star Silver for the astra G? Or is it the same?

I need Opel's colour code as well as colour name if it is any different. Thanks for any help

Dee
11th January 2005, 04:47 PM
99.9% sure they are the same... ill go have a look at the paint code for the corsa

can anyone confirm that the paint code is above the passenger side head light... cos im sure thats where the panelbeater went to get the code/// if so this is what it says

HOLDEN LIMITED
8XF08 3065123

if its the one in between the headlights... there are too many numbers there to see...

entice
11th January 2005, 05:12 PM
same code...

Star Silver is Star Silver..

R3N
12th January 2005, 04:07 AM
apparently in the Uk they have 3 types of star silver and the vauxhall codes are diff from the opel's

sri22m
12th January 2005, 09:20 AM
when I had my done (midnight black) I check with my local holden parts centre who gave me the correct code. Then to took the parts to and the correct paint code to the spray painters. Finished with the correct match.

NUTTTR
12th January 2005, 10:40 AM
Yup, there is 3 different types of star silver.........
It's a matter of paint it and check lol......

Seriously though, the paint code is put on the door seal by opel themselves... (my blue has the same code as o/s)
AFAIK the paint code is not holden, but actually opel, it's just that opel isn't here, so we have holden ones.... Let's just hope it's not the "wrong" star silver they put on the label on the car.... :)
The paint code on the corsa, not sure, but on the astra, etc it's actually in the doorjam of the drivers door on a sticker thing
Aaron

em
12th January 2005, 11:26 AM
Anyone know the Opel equivalent of Holden's Z147 Star Silver for the astra G? Or is it the same?

I need Opel's colour code as well as colour name if it is any different. Thanks for any help

R3N,
Like the others are saying, the paint code is on a sticker on your driver’s side door pillar. It doesn’t matter if it is Holden or Opel, because the painter will use the numbers first then the make of car if the numbers don’t match.

For example RK's car is a colour "Jass Blue" (Z20) but this is a VW colour even though it is the original opel/vectra colour range... so to get the right colour they use the numbers and then make. If it does not match 100% they then use tints tops coats etc to blend it in. Majority of the time it will match pretty close on newish cars it's when the cars paint has faded that you will have major colour matching issues.

If you want to post a piccy of your sticker I might be able to tell you the code?

em