PDA

View Full Version : Holden to take over Servicing/Warranties October 1st

poita
24th September 2013, 10:55 PM
An extract of an email I received earlier today.

Hi Peter,

I can now advise officially that participating Holden dealers around Australia will be able to service Opel vehicles as of October 1st, 2013.

All Opel customers will be mailed this information from tomorrow, in addition to the information appearing on www.opel-australia.com.au with a link to locate participating Holden dealers.

We do still have 4 operational Opel dealers for another few weeks, who can still service Opels - they are also listed online.

Any further questions I can forward on

Cheers

dutchy Nurb608 2002_XC PreeCilla nigelh caspers turbo imtfbundy ScottSri rocky424 Theo Nick965 dynamik OPC1 CJB

Anyone else who I missed please tag them in this post

guy 27
24th September 2013, 11:00 PM
24/09/2013
Servicing Your Opel

The Opel Australia dealership network will gradually be wound up over the following months. Alternative service locations can be found at participating GM Holden dealerships, of which there are over 200 nationally, across every state and territory.

Please use the link provided below to download a list of GM Holden dealerships and locate your nearest participating dealer.

Locate your nearest participating GM Holden dealer
The following Opel dealerships will remain open and will continue to service Opel vehicles until further notice:

Metro Opel
541 Alexander Rd
Moonee Ponds, VIC
T: 03 8340 6735

Eastside Opel
309 Whitehorse Rd
Nunawading, VIC
T: 03 9999 0487

Gold Coast Opel
333 Southport Nerang Rd
Ashmore, QLD
T: 07 5556 9277

Tony Ireland Opel
52 Duckworth St
Townsville, QLD
T: 07 4726 7777

For any queries, please do not hesitate in contacting our Customer Assistance Centre on 1800 993 677.

http://www.opel-australia.com.au/experience/about-opel/opel-news/2013/September/ServiceUpdate.html

poita
24th September 2013, 11:12 PM
A direct link to the list of Holden dealers that can do the servicing.

Pretty much it's any Holden dealership, this list is quite long.

Double check your nearest or preferred dealer just in case they aren't listed

http://www.opel-australia.com.au/content/dam/Opel/Australia/australia/HoldenDealerList24Sep13.pdf

faneca
24th September 2013, 11:24 PM
MikeS55 this info is relevant to yourself and your OPC as well

Theo
25th September 2013, 06:45 AM
geniusondemand .... so that you know where to take your Corsa

chrissn89
25th September 2013, 09:54 AM
Our dealership is on that list first I've head of it. But as per normal the workers are normally the last to know.

poita
25th September 2013, 10:02 AM
Our dealership is on that list first I've head of it. But as per normal the workers are normally the last to know.

You're only a worker, why should you need to know :p

JohnBu
25th September 2013, 01:00 PM
That's some good news for existing and future owners.

Some certainty and ongoing support will definitely help resale values.

Saw an OPC Astra while I was at lunch, sounded pretty good when giving some beans.

rocky424
25th September 2013, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the tag poita.

I rang up the Opel australia number, apparently they have not got the official brief yet.

I also rang up the specific dealership I purchased the car from that also sells Kia and Ford and has 1 service center for all their brands. They are still happy to honor the vourchers they provided me on the service which includes 3 x supplementel oil change for $29 (they'd just order the parts from holden). Other stuff in the vouchers are discounts on other services or parts, free punture repairs, free check up, etc.

chrissn89
25th September 2013, 02:28 PM
You're only a worker, why should you need to know :p

You sound like upper management. Just spoke with my manager and he knows nothing either, all in good time i guess.

glider
25th September 2013, 02:55 PM
there was a dealership on gold coast and Townsville? /confused

ScottSri
1st October 2013, 06:42 PM
I called up city motors a Perth holden/HSV dealer, got transferred to service and the person on the phone had never heard of Opel before, they are on that "official" list aswell, good start

dutchy
1st October 2013, 07:30 PM
Got my letter in the mail today. Will see how it goes when I book it into the local Holden dealership.

Mroach89
17th October 2013, 11:59 AM
If I had a new Opel I would NOT take it to Holden.

Too many gun-ho apprentices and half assed mechanics there these days that don't know anything about these cars.

If its only to keep your warranty I would be so careful.

Just a heads up from my personal experiences with more than 4 dealerships and servicing departments in VIC

ChrisMaz
17th October 2013, 01:55 PM
I called up city motors a Perth holden/HSV dealer, got transferred to service and the person on the phone had never heard of Opel before, they are on that "official" list aswell, good start

Dear god DO NOT go to City Motors..... If you have any option to take it elsewhere, do it.

ScottSri
17th October 2013, 05:09 PM
Dear god DO NOT go to City Motors..... If you have any option to take it elsewhere, do it.

What Is a good holden dealership then i Have no clue were to go?

nigelh
17th October 2013, 05:35 PM
If you have a problem let me know and I will find out who is best to see.

Mroach89
17th October 2013, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=ScottSri;840999]What Is a good holden dealership then i Have no clue were to go?[/QU

There is no such thing as a good holden dealership... let alone a dealership at all.

I would sell while your car still has value or else holden is going to service your car very badly

Milesy
17th October 2013, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=ScottSri;840999]What Is a good holden dealership then i Have no clue were to go?[/QU

There is no such thing as a good holden dealership... let alone a dealership at all.

I would sell while your car still has value or else holden is going to service your car very badly

Mate I'm sick and tired of hearing such gross generalisations from ignorant people. Just because you may have had a bad experience with one or maybe a couple if Holden dealerships doesn't make them all bad. Such comments are misinformed and totally unnecessary.

Mroach89
17th October 2013, 07:09 PM
Then take them to a dealership and see what happens... so your from Melbourne. Good luck with yours

kabel
17th October 2013, 07:11 PM
City HSV/Motors Service Department have been a bit of a revolving door this year from what I have heard (rumours.....)
I used to deal with David Nye but he has moved on after 20 years + of employment with them.

chrissn89
17th October 2013, 07:41 PM
Mate I'm sick and tired of hearing such gross generalisations from ignorant people. Just because you may have had a bad experience with one or maybe a couple if Holden dealerships doesn't make them all bad. Such comments are misinformed and totally unnecessary.

+1 totally agree.

buchmueller
17th October 2013, 08:07 PM
What Is a good holden dealership then i Have no clue were to go?

I have a buddy I've known for many years is head Spanner at Brian Gardeners. He's been there 20 years.Trust him to work on my car. He has already and will do at the Dealership when I need the log book servicing too. Can't say I'd be happy with just anyone doing it, even at BG's, but if anyone wants me to see if he can do the work himself, and not possibly some dope apprentice, at least it's someone you sorta know I can recommend, then let me know.

bpoin007
17th October 2013, 08:53 PM
I used to work at 2 different holden dealership in Queensland and I take my astra to a holden dealership here is SA and they were both great to work for and a great bunch of people,

faneca
17th October 2013, 09:03 PM
I used to work at 2 different holden dealership in Queensland and I take my astra to a holden dealership here is SA and they were both great to work for and a great bunch of people,

Which one do you take hours to? And does it have a HSV dealer there? I need to find a good service center for mine now that Opel can't service it. Will need someone who will look after it

Theo
17th October 2013, 09:10 PM
Which one do you take hours to? And does it have a HSV dealer there? I need to find a good service center for mine now that Opel can't service it. Will need someone who will look after it

I'm with faneca...

But also I'm looking at using City Holden in Grenfell St - as they deal with HSV, but also deal with the CBD clients.

bpoin007
17th October 2013, 09:11 PM

I take mine to metro holden on port road. I know a Couple of ppl there that I use to work with. I pretty sure they have a hsv section.

faneca
17th October 2013, 09:13 PM
I know the one and they do have a HSV dealer there. Took my white car there once and they said it was a 2lt lol.
.Will see how they go with the VXR.

bpoin007
17th October 2013, 09:21 PM
I know the one and they do have a HSV dealer there. Took my white car there once and they said it was a 2lt lol.
.Will see how they go with the VXR.

Either them or claridge holden in unley, I deal with them about 5 times a day with there crash shop and have taken my partners car there for servicing many times.

ScottSri
23rd October 2013, 08:38 PM
Car just got serviced today by City Motors in WA booked two weeks in advance, dropped my car off at 9:00AM and said it should be ready at 4:00PM so I thought there must be a Super!!!! long check list or engine rebuild. I rocked up at 3:50 and had a quick look around around seen my car still on the hoist in the air. took another 30mins before it came out the work shop. the exit from the workshop is a very steep downward incline with a blind exit out the workshop into a T juction with car parks straight ahead, there is 5 KPH signs everywere in that area with cars presistently fly through the T juction with no horn signal or even looking by alot of servicemen and mechanics.

I watched my car fly out the workshop and lock up the rear wheels sliding, with lucky to have an empty car park bay in front (which had a car not even 10mins earlier) and stalled he stayed there in the car looking shook up, then drove the car to an empty bay near the front close to where I was standing staring in disbelief. He then tryed to open the bonnet searching for the latch for a good while had a quick look didnt even touch anything then shut it by resting it down then apply force to get it to shut.

He wasnt an apprentice unless he was a mature aged one, was about late 20s trying to look cool in sunnys.

I just recived an invoice on its own with no check list or any information what was found with while the vehicle was serviced.

I can safely say my tyres need to be replaced because of heat exposure,un even wear and rounded sidewalls.
brakes plenty of noise from being exposed to heat and glazed and also because they are high temp race pads.
Also signs of an oil leak on the left hand drive shaft were I pulled it out alittle when change my springs.

So thats how my service went my heart is still racing from watching the Near miss and feeling ripped off i payed $348

When the service advisor walked me to my vehicle they made a comment saying it looks almost Identical to the HSV VXR then looked inside and said aw seats and dash aswell. :/ I love the Vxr but they look nothing like the J VXR/OPC

buchmueller
23rd October 2013, 10:05 PM
That is totally uncool and super scary. So glad for the long spiel you posted as it's the big picture which is the concern. I'm guessing but I'd say the dealerships are pissed off they have to service Opels all of a sudden, so they don't like them and we are an inconvenience. That attitude filters down to the mechanics, and if you are " lucky" enough to get a Redneck......it's Game Over dude!
Seriously glad your ride wasn't smashed eh. Catchya.

45Trekker
24th October 2013, 09:36 AM
I have taken a series of cars to Patterson Cheney, now in Vermont VIC over a 20+ year period. I have never had to take a car back to have a second go at a problem. They have always been professional and on time. They are often a bit expensive but that is mainly due to (Astra AH) parts prices particularly brakes as they naturally have to use factory parts rather than aftermarket. I will be taking our new Opel Astra to them during warranty and probably beyond.

kabel
25th October 2013, 09:53 AM
Car just got serviced today by City Motors in WA booked two weeks in advance, dropped my car off at 9:00AM and said it should be ready at 4:00PM so I thought there must be a Super!!!! long check list or engine rebuild. I rocked up at 3:50 and had a quick look around around seen my car still on the hoist in the air. took another 30mins before it came out the work shop. the exit from the workshop is a very steep downward incline with a blind exit out the workshop into a T juction with car parks straight ahead, there is 5 KPH signs everywere in that area with cars presistently fly through the T juction with no horn signal or even looking by alot of servicemen and mechanics.

I watched my car fly out the workshop and lock up the rear wheels sliding, with lucky to have an empty car park bay in front (which had a car not even 10mins earlier) and stalled he stayed there in the car looking shook up, then drove the car to an empty bay near the front close to where I was standing staring in disbelief. He then tryed to open the bonnet searching for the latch for a good while had a quick look didnt even touch anything then shut it by resting it down then apply force to get it to shut.

He wasnt an apprentice unless he was a mature aged one, was about late 20s trying to look cool in sunnys.

I just recived an invoice on its own with no check list or any information what was found with while the vehicle was serviced.

I can safely say my tyres need to be replaced because of heat exposure,un even wear and rounded sidewalls.
brakes plenty of noise from being exposed to heat and glazed and also because they are high temp race pads.
Also signs of an oil leak on the left hand drive shaft were I pulled it out alittle when change my springs.

So thats how my service went my heart is still racing from watching the Near miss and feeling ripped off i payed $348

When the service advisor walked me to my vehicle they made a comment saying it looks almost Identical to the HSV VXR then looked inside and said aw seats and dash aswell. :/ I love the Vxr but they look nothing like the J VXR/OPC

Looks the same because the colour is the same ? Very observant aren`t they!
As I said I have not been there since December 2012 and they were servicing mine in the HSV Workshop, was good for a while there as one of the techs was ex-Vauxhall and he always worked on my car.
By your experience I do not think I will be re-visiting there again.

dynamik
25th October 2013, 10:01 AM
cheers for the heads up poita :)

I'll probably be taking mine to brian gardner .. will let you know how I go.

rocky424
3rd December 2013, 01:12 PM
Did my first interim change oil (6 months @ 5,300 km) at the dealership I purchased the car from for $29 (this is included as a package on my car purchase from that dealer for the next 6 years).

Although they have dropped selling Opels due to them leaving, their service centre still exists for the other 2 car brands they sell, and so able to do my annual and interim services. Which also gives me 10% of the annual capped price servicing. I just need to give them about 3 days heads up so they can order the parts for my opel (dexos 2 oil, filter, etc.)

The only thing they cannot do is warranty repairs. I would need to go to Holden for that which I hope I would not have to do.

dutchy
3rd December 2013, 01:30 PM
Did my first interim change oil (6 months @ 5,300 km) at the dealership I purchased the car from for $29 (this is included as a package on my car purchase from that dealer for the next 6 years).

Although they have dropped selling Opels due to them leaving, their service centre still exists for the other 2 car brands they sell, and so able to do my annual and interim services. Which also gives me 10% of the annual capped price servicing. I just need to give them about 3 days heads up so they can order the parts for my opel (dexos 2 oil, filter, etc.)

The only thing they cannot do is warranty repairs. I would need to go to Holden for that which I hope I would not have to do.

Are they a Holden dealership ? If not, how would they go about ecu/software updates ?

rocky424
3rd December 2013, 03:11 PM
Are they a Holden dealership ? If not, how would they go about ecu/software updates ?

Good point. Do they do an update every service? If it's a scheduled service, I'd likely ask closer to the date if there are any software updates lined up. Not something I need to worry about before May-Jun 2014 if all goes well with the car.

dutchy
3rd December 2013, 04:09 PM
they would check if updates are available at each service I guess. better ask them before you take it in next time.

Theo
23rd April 2014, 02:41 PM
I’ve book the J in for her first service at Metro Holden at Thebarton…(for those playing in SA.)

There are a couple of things that I’ve highlighted to get fixed under warranty:-

· Chrome trim along driver’s door lifting

· Chrome trim along driving light loose

· Driver’s seat internal loose – movement in seat when turning into corners

· Rear bumper bar paint damaged by poor fitted rear hatch

· Navi900 not allowing hands free operation with Android phone running 4.3

Car is going in next week, will update on how these issues are rectified but also customer service towards Opel owners

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

corsa b combat
23rd April 2014, 04:18 PM
I’ve book the J in for her first service at Metro Holden at Thebarton…(for those playing in SA.)

There are a couple of things that I’ve highlighted to get fixed under warranty:-

· Chrome trim along driver’s door lifting

· Chrome trim along driving light loose

· Driver’s seat internal loose – movement in seat when turning into corners

· Rear bumper bar paint damaged by poor fitted rear hatch

· Navi900 not allowing hands free operation with Android phone running 4.3

Car is going in next week, will update on how these issues are rectified but also customer service towards Opel owners

Thanks mate.Keep us posted

buchmueller
24th April 2014, 08:14 AM
1st service for the Opc Astra J today at Brian Gardener Holden in Perth. Hope all goes smooth. No real probs, I'll see if any updates needed uploading. Going to track day at the airport on Saturday. Soon to fit an exhaust and upgrade to St 2 tune.

rocky424
24th April 2014, 01:41 PM
1st service for the Opc Astra J today at Brian Gardener Holden in Perth. Hope all goes smooth. No real probs, I'll see if any updates needed uploading. Going to track day at the airport on Saturday. Soon to fit an exhaust and upgrade to St 2 tune.

Keep us posted! My car will be due for 1st year service in a months time (I had an interim service from the original Opel dealer). Would the dealer know beforehand if any updates are lined up for the car on its service?

buchmueller
24th April 2014, 09:42 PM
Service went fine, no issues. As for software upgrades, they'll know when they connect up to your car's ecu, and if any are available/needed for your car they'll be told and they'll upload that under the warranty. Mine needed a Navigation update: Campaign 13-P-049 Navi recall. Dunno what that actually did though.

Theo
3rd May 2014, 04:39 PM
my 1st service went well, had no issues with the problems I highlighted with them as everything got fixed - all up the bill came to $299 (as per the cap priced agreement)
Had plenty of good comments made regarding the car about styling and performance and it ended up being when I picked up the car on Thursday is when the announcement was made about the Astra/Insignia/Cascade - the Holden guys are looking forward to the new cars joining the stable.

Overall happy with Metro Holden in Adelaide.

Jonno_OPC
21st May 2014, 08:35 PM
Good to hear Theo, I've worked at Metro's for the past 10 years and now oversee the warranty department. I actually remember your car coming in.
I can confirm the guys are happy to get opel back in house, and a lot of the components are shared on the global A platform so they arent much different from what we already had.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Theo
21st May 2014, 08:42 PM
Good to hear Theo, I've worked at Metro's for the past 10 years and now oversee the warranty department. I actually remember your car coming in.
I can confirm the guys are happy to get opel back in house, and a lot of the components are shared on the global A platform so they arent much different from what we already had.

I've dealt with Plaza, Hamiltons (bought 3 cars from them) and Southgate Holdens in the past, and must say I you guys shat on them for customer service.

The day I bought the car in, they tried to call you with some of the warranty issues I had , but you had gone home for the day.

Jonno_OPC
21st May 2014, 08:52 PM
Yeah, sounds about right.. haha. Pretty much all the repairs carried out to yours sound like the same things I've had done to mine in terms of alignment issues, all easily fixed though. I have new front bumper mounts on the way from Europe because mine keeps popping off.

faneca
21st May 2014, 09:08 PM
I don't have one of the new opel models, but I'll be bring my VXR to you jonno. Seeing as iv only heard good things about metro Holden.

Jonno_OPC
21st May 2014, 09:24 PM
Good stuff mate. Just let me know before you make a booking so I'll make sure im there to come say hello :-)

MikeS55
28th May 2014, 06:47 AM
Booked my Astra OPC in to Metro Holden for its first service next Monday. Hopefully all will go well.

Mike

Jonno_OPC
28th May 2014, 09:21 AM
Booked my Astra OPC in to Metro Holden for its first service next Monday. Hopefully all will go well.

Mike

Good to hear Mike, I trust it will. I'll keep an eye out for your car in the workshop and give it a good look over while its on the hoist.

adam_92
28th May 2014, 11:22 AM
Do you work at metro holden Jonno_OPC?

Jonno_OPC
28th May 2014, 11:39 AM
Sure do mate, I've completed my apprenticeship though the service department and now work behind the scenes processing all of the new car warranty stuff.

adam_92
28th May 2014, 11:41 AM
Nice. Do you know jordy? Jordan dobson? Did part of his apprenticeship in the workshop then got moved into service advisor.

Jonno_OPC
28th May 2014, 11:48 AM
Sure do, he left around the time I moved out of the workshop. Hows he going? Did he get back into his apprenticeship after he left?

adam_92
28th May 2014, 12:03 PM
Yeah man he's my little brother. He ended up doing it himself without the mta as they just ****ed him around, he went to seaton service centre for a while but got laid off as they had no work then went to kpm motorsport but hated it as it was just tuning cars and not proper mechanical work then he went to a place called corjay automotive and he is still there now. He got signed off end of last year but ended up taking 5 years total not the normal 4.

Jonno_OPC
28th May 2014, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I've heard similar stories about the MTA. Glad I went through Tafe.
Good to hear he got through it all in the end, makes it all worth the hassle of the apprenticeship

MikeS55
4th June 2014, 05:35 PM
Good to hear Mike, I trust it will. I'll keep an eye out for your car in the workshop and give it a good look over while its on the hoist.

All went well with the service. Excellence customer focus and a good price.

Thank you
Mike