PDA

View Full Version : Phonebook Issue - Insignia Select #2

peterdw
21st September 2013, 04:22 PM
So my earlier post was closed because "the topic had been discussed at length already" and I should have used the search function .... well I had done extensive searches and I can find no thread referring to random phonebook entries going missing. If there are threads that cover this which I haven't been able to find, please post the link before closing this thread. My original query was:

Hi - wonder if anyone else is getting this issue with the Bluetooth connection to the Infotainment system in the Insignia or other Opels?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with around 400 contacts. The phone connects fine to the car and the phonebook (contacts) transfer across and are available via the menu system in the car. However, some of the entries are missing and nothing I do can get them (the specific missing entries) to show up in the phonebook in the car. Neither do newly added entries get updated.

I have deleted all contacts in my phone, factory reset the car phone system, reloaded my contacts into the phone, reconnected to the car, but they are still missing. (In fact this is a very abridged version of several frustrating weekends - where only part of the phone book would come across; only the SIM contacts would come across; the details for specific people are mixed up (eg. my daughter called and came up on the screen as an old school friend) etc. grrrr!)

Nurb608
21st September 2013, 06:45 PM
It depends on how they are saved in the phone. Try putting them in your Google contacts and use only the first name field

Theo
22nd September 2013, 06:22 PM
So my earlier post was closed because "the topic had been discussed at length already" and I should have used the search function .... well I had done extensive searches and I can find no thread referring to random phonebook entries going missing. If there are threads that cover this which I haven't been able to find, please post the link before closing this thread. My original query was:

Hi - wonder if anyone else is getting this issue with the Bluetooth connection to the Infotainment system in the Insignia or other Opels?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with around 400 contacts. The phone connects fine to the car and the phonebook (contacts) transfer across and are available via the menu system in the car. However, some of the entries are missing and nothing I do can get them (the specific missing entries) to show up in the phonebook in the car. Neither do newly added entries get updated.

I have deleted all contacts in my phone, factory reset the car phone system, reloaded my contacts into the phone, reconnected to the car, but they are still missing. (In fact this is a very abridged version of several frustrating weekends - where only part of the phone book would come across; only the SIM contacts would come across; the details for specific people are mixed up (eg. my daughter called and came up on the screen as an old school friend) etc. grrrr!)

Here it is:-

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?35758-Astra-Insignia-Navi900-Infotainment-System

I have also downloaded Bluetooth Phonebook V1.1.4 from the App store - $1.59. With this app, the phone now doesn't keep asking for permission to share my phonebook..

peterdw
22nd September 2013, 07:04 PM
Here it is:-

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?35758-Astra-Insignia-Navi900-Infotainment-System

I have also downloaded Bluetooth Phonebook V1.1.4 from the App store - $1.59. With this app, the phone now doesn't keep asking for permission to share my phonebook..

Thanks Theo - I have read that thread. The issue is not that the car doesn't see the phonebook, but that about 5% of the entries are missing. However, willing to try anything to fix, so when I get some time, will check out the app and also try Nurb608's suggestion of syncing via Google.

Nurb608
22nd September 2013, 09:51 PM
That's the only issue i have in my siggy and found using that method fixes it, hopefully works for you

peterdw
16th November 2013, 09:29 AM
This issue went away when I upgraded from the Samsung Galaxy S2 to the S4, so obviously something to do with the phone itself.