PDA

View Full Version : Question...

Ascona C GT
18th September 2013, 07:33 PM
Hey boys and girls,
Im checking out 06 Astra Sri 2.0T z20ler engine..
Whats everyones opinion on them, pros and cons?

Regards
Vlad

arharoon
18th September 2013, 07:52 PM
Definitely look out for the M32 gearbox issue with these. I think it is more prevalent in the early ones i.e. 2006/2007. If you search online you will be able to find more details about it. The main thing is to see if the gear stick moves,while driving, in any of the gears especially (1st, 5th or 6th) and if there is any whine,while driving, in any of the gears. It is expensive to get it fixed and if not fixed it destroys the gearbox.

Other than that its a great car to drive. Parts in Australia are either non-existent or very expensive but easily available from the UK at reasonable prices.

Ascona C GT
18th September 2013, 08:20 PM
Ok,thank you arharoon. Just to throw it in the mix,would the Astra TS SriT be better option?

guy 27
18th September 2013, 08:26 PM
with the ts. you will need to factor in cooling hoses as they are due for replacement on all now. (going off how many i've had to replace and supply lately)
also factor in other wear and tear items.
will probably have higher km

all comes down to what do you want and what your budget is.

thought about looking at vxr's?

Ascona C GT
18th September 2013, 08:39 PM
with the ts. you will need to factor in cooling hoses as they are due for replacement on all now. (going off how many i've had to replace and supply lately)
also factor in other wear and tear items.
will probably have higher km

all comes down to what do you want and what your budget is.

thought about looking at vxr's?

Well.......Wouldn't really like to spend over 10k,there are couple of really nice stock looking low k's TS SriT's in Vic..I had brand new Ts Astra 1.8 in 01 for 4 years and it was fantastic car,pleasure to drive,good handling and good power from 1.8l unit...Left me with good memories +they still look sweet..

Elliot_O
19th September 2013, 09:16 AM
Well.......Wouldn't really like to spend over 10k,there are couple of really nice stock looking low k's TS SriT's in Vic..I had brand new Ts Astra 1.8 in 01 for 4 years and it was fantastic car,pleasure to drive,good handling and good power from 1.8l unit...Left me with good memories +they still look sweet..

Well I can sell you a TS 1.8 if you're looking? ;)

gman
19th September 2013, 10:24 AM
I like the TS SRi-T over the AH. If you are looking at spending $10k I'd buy a TS SRi-T and use the left overs to service and replace things like shocks, hoses, brakes, timing belt etc

adam_92
19th September 2013, 10:52 AM
I like the TS SRi-T over the AH. If you are looking at spending $10k I'd buy a TS SRi-T and use the left overs to service and replace things like shocks, hoses, brakes, timing belt etc

Perfectly said. If your looking at ah turbos then you will kick yourself for not buying vxr. Go with a ts and fix any wear and tear items. The ts is a better looking car imo.

dutchy
19th September 2013, 11:11 AM
What gman said, get an astra g sri-t , can get nice ones for around 7500 and use the remainder of your budget for some nice upgrades.

Ascona C GT
19th September 2013, 05:46 PM
Chers guys, found these two nice stock looking sri-t's but in vic and bit rich in asking price...Id preffer to get them as stock as possible,that way in my mind id feel they have had a bit of an easier life then the ones that have been moded and driven the way they should have if you know what i mean...

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Astra-2003/SSE-AD-2286941/?Cr=19&sdmvc=1

This blue one particularly looks real good but not the price...

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Astra-2003/SSE-AD-1093974/?Cr=24&sdmvc=1

Shortstuff
19th September 2013, 10:16 PM
The blue one has been on Carsales a LONG time. They're probably negotiable by now, but I still think they're asking at least $4k too much.

Kennedy
19th September 2013, 10:58 PM
I'd do what the rest of the guys suggest. Pick up a nice mk4, give it a good service and even some upgrades. Parts are easy to source from the UK etc.

Ascona C GT
20th September 2013, 07:38 PM
Cheers guys..

Ascona C GT
21st September 2013, 08:28 PM
I test drove Astra H SriT today,I didnt realize how rapidly quick they are...So easy and friendly to drive,handling around corners was bit jitterish though but nothing i couldnt get used to..loved it! How ever this model had resprayed roof,missing glass from left mirror and had overspray over its panels when ran my fingers over the body.Asking price was $13000,bit too much in my opinion especially after dodgy paint job repairs...
But in all love the SriT,cant wait to get one...

dutchy
21st September 2013, 08:51 PM
Still too much. Saw an advert for a vxr for sale at a QLD dealer last week. Not registered, low ks. This was in that price range too. Even a better car than what you drove.

EDIT, searched for the car again and it has sold.