PDA

View Full Version : Major Construction: Update 1: Wheels

freaktown
10th January 2005, 05:13 PM
Well as most of you know, i decided to embark upon my little Construction on my car last year.

Now my previous budget was $12,000 after having to help out my parents with some stuff which im not bitter about at all, id do anything for them.

My budget is about $7,000

So that being said ive had to re-determine what i wanted to do to my car and what i could afford to do! the paint job i wanted was going to be $6000 then there was the interior......

So my new plan hopefully to be completed by July (Tax Return :) )
Is more based upon Track and performance so i can stop getting beat by fecking pulsars and the like!

Stage1: Wheels. (17 x 7.5 Inch Gold 5 spokes with Nankang Sports 11 Tyres for good measure)

Wheel Pic Link Here! (http://members.iinet.net.au/~muttiman/Main/Modifications/wheels/)

Stage2: Suspension. (Not this friday but the friday after) Lowered King Springs matched with Adjustable Koni Shocks.

Stage3: Brakes. (Febuary) Bigger DBA Slotted Rotors and Endless Pads.

Stage4: Engine (Around June/July) Supercharger,Microtech ECU, Port and Polish, Stage 1 Cams 4-2-1 Extractors leading into a 2.5 Inch exhaust and a 3 inch high flow cat, bigger Bosch Injectors and upgraded fuel pump.

With that, i have been advised to expect a 160-180Kws at the fly depending on the engine.

which is around 140-160FwKws.

all this has been researched and budgeted for so look out end of financial year. ill keep you all updated!

the upside is ill be able to cruise now its not going to be offroad untill June!

Thanks for your suppurt guys!

James.

freaktown
10th January 2005, 05:17 PM
Just by the way!

Major thanks must go out to Vectracious who a while back took the time to sit with me and help me out with my tyre size choice, even worked out equations for me!

Big thanks dude!

James.

ultim8DTM5
10th January 2005, 06:39 PM
Those wheels are :cry:

Degen-Astra
10th January 2005, 06:39 PM
Nice list of things to do.

In regards to brakes...are you going to go a larger, possibly multiple piston, caliper?

freaktown
10th January 2005, 06:57 PM
I knew id get negative remarks about my choice in wheels, but i love them and it suits my theme so its all good!

OPC
10th January 2005, 08:11 PM
i like them

Anonymous
10th January 2005, 09:02 PM
i like them

freaktown
10th January 2005, 09:16 PM
thanks guys!

Blitzkrieg
11th January 2005, 12:22 AM
Lol man, i got the same rims in black. Look the goods since my car is black.

One thing - have fun cleaning them lol, the grooves are annoying as hell.

Mr Cali
11th January 2005, 01:14 AM
All that for $7000 :shock:
When doing a project like this always add at least another 15-20% to your budget for un forseen expenses, trust me you'll find out

Anonymous
11th January 2005, 07:39 AM
When doing a project like this always add at least another 15-20% to your budget for un forseen expenses, trust me you'll find out

i can feel your pain :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

freaktown
11th January 2005, 08:20 AM
well, i have $7,000 now, plus what i make in between now and then!

So i think im pretty well covered :)

Go :mrgreen: d willing....

Vectracious
11th January 2005, 09:25 AM
No probs James. Glad I could help.

Nice wheels BTW - you just need to sit it on it's ass now... :D

EGG80X
11th January 2005, 11:06 AM
yay someone opt for supercharger instead of turbo

kudos being different

can wait to see it

Anonymous
11th January 2005, 11:13 AM
My budget is about $7,000

Stage4: Engine (Around June/July) Supercharger,Microtech ECU, Port and Polish, Stage 1 Cams 4-2-1 Extractors leading into a 2.5 Inch exhaust and a 3 inch high flow cat, bigger Bosch Injectors and upgraded fuel pump.

There's 7g or more right there/unless you fit everything yourself!

Details on the supercharger? 8)

Like the rims, they're different!

ultim8DTM5
11th January 2005, 07:37 PM
From memory he's just started a mech apprenticeship so odds on DIY cept for the tuning and hardcore stuff like fabrication.

Mr Cali
12th January 2005, 08:49 PM

i can feel your pain :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You just have to laugh and not look at your wallet too much :wink:
I started with a $5k paint job + kit now I'm getting close to $20k damn gotta stop thinking of new things to do.

Latest expensive decision: decided to remove side mouldings (bump strips), to remove them from a Cali you have to remove studs that hold them in place. That car has already been painted inside out.
Result = respray to 80% of the car only parts not being resprayed is bonnet , roof and engine bay.. at close to $1000 per litre of paint ..expensive decision hey :oops:

ultim8DTM5
12th January 2005, 08:56 PM
Bwahahahha :P

Mr Cali
12th January 2005, 09:34 PM
Bwahahahha :P

exactly :lol: