PDA

View Full Version : Cool Things To Do To Astra TS?

mylifeasbenjamin
11th September 2013, 03:10 AM
What are some cool things to do to improve the Astras aesthetic looks?

dutchy
11th September 2013, 08:59 AM
colour coding, wheels, tinted rear lights, carbon wrap, debadge and i'm sure others will have some more ideas.

btm
11th September 2013, 09:03 AM
what model?

alloys if it doesn't already have them
tint windows
bee sting aerial
drop it an inch or two
colour code door handles etc

opel badges :)

faneca
11th September 2013, 09:56 AM
Angel eye headlights, SRiT front bar, black roof (white car). Everything Pete said...

Bit I'm biased lol. As I did all that haha

Elliot_O
11th September 2013, 10:26 AM
^Everything Faneca has done...:lol:
Check his ride thread in his signature of his white TS

adam_92
11th September 2013, 10:37 AM
Sell it and buy a turbo if it isnt already :)

dutchy
11th September 2013, 12:53 PM
Angel eye headlights, SRiT front bar, black roof (white car). Everything Pete said...

Ah yeah, forgot the Faneca Mod :)

mylifeasbenjamin
12th September 2013, 03:02 AM

Man, your car is actually amazing...!

MikeCheck
12th September 2013, 09:04 AM
+1 to everything Faneca said.

SRI-T bumpers are super rare though, only place I know that has them is Mars and they're like $500 or something crazy. They do angel eye headlights too so you might be able to do a deal with them.

Personally I'm a big fan of center console mods but understandable if that isn't your thing. Definitely a new headunit at least though if you're in to music. The stock speakers are pretty good all things considered.

Cheers

M

Kennedy
12th September 2013, 06:51 PM
I'll second the centre console mods, I've painted mine blue and changed the bulbs to blue LEDs, makes the cabin more appealing. After all, that's where you spend most of your time!

mylifeasbenjamin
14th September 2013, 02:53 PM
Cheers for all the ideas lads!

Looking at the Angel Eye headlights, but also a pair of tail lights.

I have a Silver TS Sedan, and not sure which if the following would look better:

Black: http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/231041486793
Or,
Clear: http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/230916131399

What are your opinions?

mylifeasbenjamin
14th September 2013, 02:55 PM
Also, this is probably going to seem a proper stupid question, but, my astra seems to sit really high in the back end, can I lower the rear by like, an inch with out doing anything to the front? Or will that stuff the whole thing..

faneca
14th September 2013, 04:36 PM
Also, this is probably going to seem a proper stupid question, but, my astra seems to sit really high in the back end, can I lower the rear by like, an inch with out doing anything to the front? Or will that stuff the whole thing..

You can by lowering springs to lower the back.... But just do the fronts as well will have a more solid feeling car.

Also on rear tail lights id just tint your standard ones or buy a set of convertible astra ones.

Also note that the tail lights on hatchbacks and sedans are different so you'll have to find either tinted convertible tail lights or cdx lights off a sedan or buy ones that's are to fit a sedan.

chris_r
14th September 2013, 04:59 PM
Personally, I think if you're going to do anything with the suspension, just do the whole lot. Your car will handle better in the long run. Plus, with most kits they'll do a bigger drop in the back than what they do in the front.

dutchy
14th September 2013, 09:22 PM
Go for black tinted ones mate. Looks lots better than the clear / chrome ones.

MikeCheck
15th September 2013, 09:34 AM
I have those black tail lights (or more or less) and I think they look good but most of the community here don't like them.

Personal opinion I think.

Out of the black or the clear I'd definitely go the black though

Cheers

M

poita
15th September 2013, 12:35 PM
Give this a go

http://www.tuningshop.co.uk/bodykits/astra%20GT-1.htm

mylifeasbenjamin
19th September 2013, 01:12 PM
I have those black tail lights (or more or less) and I think they look good but most of the community here don't like them.

Personal opinion I think.

Out of the black or the clear I'd definitely go the black though

Cheers

M

Any chance you could share an image of your car with them on?

Cheers,

Ben

MikeCheck
19th September 2013, 02:13 PM
In my ride thread:

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?34363-MikeCheck-s-Astra-G&p=807303&viewfull=1#post807303

Have a look through it as it's just another take on Faneca's ride pretty much (stole pretty much all his ideas except the tablet-in-the-dash which is my idea).

Will be updated soon; had some major center console developments.

Cheers

M

Numbnut
20th September 2013, 11:21 AM

It's a trait with the car. It seems to sit with it's butt in the air. You'll want lowered springs all around for it to look right.

mylifeasbenjamin
20th September 2013, 01:10 PM
Yeah, it just doesn't look right.

How much lower would you suggestb

MikeCheck
20th September 2013, 01:13 PM
Yeah, it just doesn't look right.

How much lower would you suggestb

I think most people go for a 30-40mm drop from memory.

I agree with you, all the stock astras look way too high at the back end, I think the tubos look worse than the 4-doors though. Not sure why - maybe because it's a shorter car - but the back looks stupidly high.

Cheers

M

faneca
20th September 2013, 01:21 PM
It's the same length as the 5dr hatch,

Turbos engine weighs more, front springs are also 15mm lower than the standard astra, spread are the same so that's why ;)

MikeCheck
20th September 2013, 01:26 PM
It's the same length as the 5dr hatch,

Turbos engine weighs more, front springs are also 15mm lower than the standard astra, spread are the same so that's why ;)

Are they really the same length?? I was sure the turbos were shorter.

Otherwise good to know, didn't even think about heavier engine! Cheers mate.

M

guy 27
20th September 2013, 01:37 PM
hatch is shorter than sedan.

sri and srit springs are 15mm lower all round than other model springs.

Elliot_O
20th September 2013, 02:24 PM
This is my silver TS with a 35mm drop
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-2-1cw0Q4OKQ/Ucaz3_8w04I/AAAAAAAAAIE/9IRnnBeCcyA/w913-h685-no/20130623_123859%255B1%255D.jpg

mylifeasbenjamin
21st September 2013, 01:12 AM
That looks so much better! That'll be the first thing on the list of things to do after I get my new ECU put in! :)

mylifeasbenjamin
21st September 2013, 04:14 PM
I've been looking on the web at different springs that are supposed to lower the astra, I came across these on eBay and wondered your opinions on them:

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/150710737237

If these are okay, what would be the procedure to fit them, is it as simple as just putting them in, or do I need to have a wheel alignment done or any thing.

Ben

faneca
21st September 2013, 06:51 PM
Rear is easy as.

Jack up the car put on stands, wheels on, undo the lower shock absorber screw on both sides beam will drop down and springs come out, new springs in screw back in the shock, wheels on and lower.

Front
The whole strut needs to come out. So jack up, stands, wheels off, disconnect sway bar link, and brake carriers, You will need spring compressors to stop any recoil from the spring. Dismantle strut, (may need new top mounts) springs out new ones in, reassemble everything....

You will need a WHEEL ALIGNMENT AFTER DOING THE FRONTS.

Elliot_O
21st September 2013, 10:02 PM
That looks so much better! That'll be the first thing on the list of things to do after I get my new ECU put in! :)

Just also, my car is sitting on 18's, may look slightly different with your set up.

King springs are alright, Eibach's are pretty popular on this forum too

mylifeasbenjamin
9th November 2013, 09:22 PM
Hey guys,

Where would be the best place in Perth to get Angel Eyes? Or is eBay just the place to go?

Ben

guy 27
9th November 2013, 09:32 PM
ebay

faneca
9th November 2013, 09:37 PM
+1 to eBay.

bpoin007
9th November 2013, 09:56 PM
+2 for eBay.

mylifeasbenjamin
9th November 2013, 10:00 PM
Sweet.
The only person in Aus is the Mars Performance, should I get them from them or are the ones from Germany okay here?

MikeCheck
9th November 2013, 10:02 PM
Sweet.
The only person in Aus is the Mars Performance, should I get them from them or are the ones from Germany okay here?

I've heard good things from Mars.

Have actually been saving up to get a set of the headlights and a SRI-T front bumper from them but can't comment myself.

Cheers

M

bpoin007
9th November 2013, 10:03 PM
That's the place that I got Mine from fit like a Cham no hassles.

bpoin007
9th November 2013, 10:07 PM
Actually I didn't I just double checked, I actually got mine from a place on eBay called carstyling_company, but I have heard about being quite good.

chris_r
10th November 2013, 12:15 AM
At the moment, FK only do one set in RHD for the G. They're in blue chrome, which may or may not be your thing: http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/Lighting-Tuning/Headlight-RHD/Headlight-Angel-Eyes-Set-suitable-for-Opel-Astra-type-G-yr-98-03-blue-chrome-RHD-LHD.html

Shipping was reasonably priced, but took a fair while for them to get here, as it's sent regular post (which is DHL Paket in Germany, not to be confused with DHL Express).

mylifeasbenjamin
10th November 2013, 12:46 AM
I've heard good things about Mars too.. They're a little bit more than the German ones, but they'll probably get here quicker, so I'll probably go with them! Thanks for all the help!

mylifeasbenjamin
7th March 2014, 04:56 PM
http://bit.ly/MSQHyW

Does anyone have any experience with these springs?