PDA

View Full Version : New member - few questions

Tranqme
9th September 2013, 01:45 PM
Hey all,

Pretty new to the forums, recently owned a VP/VE, sold both over the weekend and bought a SB Barina as a cheap daily for work. I've only had it for 2 days so I haven't had a chance to fully test it out but I have a few questions regarding it:

Firstly, the seats are terrible, are there any other Opel model seats that fit into it? Want to make it a bit more comfortable as I drive a fair bit for work.

Secondly, I noticed it blows some white smoke on start up, then goes away when it's warmed up, is this an issue?

Lastly, the driver's window only winds down 3/4 of the way, while it not being a major issue I would like to see if I can fix it - is this a common problem among the Barina/Corsa's?

Cheers,
Chris

chris_r
10th September 2013, 12:27 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Calibra seats are apparently a direct bolt in replacement and a lot more comfy than the standard flat slabs that allegedly pass for seating. SB Barina GSi seats are also better than the stock ones and are also a bolt in.

The white smoke on start up you describe sounds like the valve stem seals might be gone. As for fixing these cars, parts are usually very easy to find and cheap (especially on the C12NZ/C14NZ and C14SE engines). If not in Australia, then look abroad to the UK for cheaper parts.

With your window, I'd remove your door trim and see if there's anything obstructing it that would be causing it. If it's the speaker, either get a spacer for it or get thinner profile speakers.

Probably one of the best things I liked about the SB was how unbelievably easy they are to work on yourself.