PDA

View Full Version : Opel Sales Numbers...according to Caradvice

Theo
5th September 2013, 01:36 PM
Only 115 for August 2013 - did expect a higher figure due to the price drop on some vehicles...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/250035/new-car-sales-figures-august-2013/

jgo
5th September 2013, 04:18 PM
I'd say the closure of Opel Australia negated any price drop for potential buyers.

kabel
5th September 2013, 07:03 PM
Monthly sales of Ford Falcon were the worst on record apparently.
Sad really and hopefully they can keep the factory open until the promised closure date.

Theo
5th September 2013, 09:57 PM
a couple of great months here and there...

July - 111
June - 159
May - 216
April - 151
March - 113
February - 241
January - 109

Ice
6th September 2013, 07:47 AM
In the grand scheme of things not that great at all. .. not enough to sustain a business anyway. Shame they didn't give it more of a go, dare I say they would have improved over time

poita
6th September 2013, 10:59 AM
They where in the top 50% of brands in Australia, ranked around 30 of the 66 here.

They where doing well for such a competitive market.

Just still hurt about them leaving on after 11 Mths

Theo
6th September 2013, 10:19 PM
i'm sure this has been discussed before on here - however their departure from our shores cannot be purely based on sales...

jgo
7th September 2013, 12:01 AM
i'm sure this has been discussed before on here - however their departure from our shores cannot be purely based on sales...

It sounds like they cut and ran before they got deeply into trouble. No business can survive if it can't sell. I'm just so sorry to see them go the way they did.

Theo
9th October 2013, 01:11 PM
101 for the month of September:-
http://www.caradvice.com.au/254654/new-car-sales-figures-september-2013/

caspers turbo
9th October 2013, 01:24 PM
im in as 1 customer in September-would be interested to know how many OPC Astras were sold in the country, mine is number 5 in SA assuming the yellow demo does not get sold.

Theo
9th October 2013, 02:01 PM
im in as 1 customer in September-would be interested to know how many OPC Astras were sold in the country, mine is number 5 in SA assuming the yellow demo does not get sold.

Yellow OPC is now sitting in the BWM used car section. They taken the black rims off it and put on the standard rims. Currently asking $36k for it.

faneca
9th October 2013, 04:02 PM
I saw a red one this morning so I have seen of 3... including yours and mikes, Where/ what colour are the other 2?

jgo
9th October 2013, 04:14 PM

And Citroen only sold 82??

How long can they keep that up?

caspers turbo
9th October 2013, 05:51 PM
Not sure, Lisa only told me that mine was number 6 in SA but the yellow one was number 5, so i guess that puts me as the 5th one sold in SA

I saw a red one this morning so I have seen of 3... including yours and mikes, Where/ what colour are the other 2?

caspers turbo
9th October 2013, 05:52 PM
Well that should make mine the only one in country with those rims then-which look killer and were definately worth the extra coin

Yellow OPC is now sitting in the BWM used car section. They taken the black rims off it and put on the standard rims. Currently asking $36k for it.

Theo
9th October 2013, 05:58 PM
Well that should make mine the only one in country with those rims then-which look killer and were definately worth the extra coin

Still trying to convince the wife that I should upgrade the Forester for that yellow OPC.. But apparently a new house is more important!!!!

Theo
9th October 2013, 06:02 PM
And Citroen only sold 82??

How long can they keep that up?

Good question...how long have they been back in Aust. for...anyone ?

MikeS55
9th October 2013, 06:54 PM
Lisa told me that the first one sold in Adelaide was Arden blue and it went to a Doctor.

hazrd
9th October 2013, 06:57 PM
Still trying to convince the wife that I should upgrade the Forester for that yellow OPC.. But apparently a new house is more important!!!!

You can sleep in a car, but you cant race a house :p

Lisa told me that the first one sold in Adelaide was Arden blue and it went to a Doctor.

If you're talking insignia, then yes

faneca
9th October 2013, 09:02 PM
The first OPC asyra sold from Adelaide Opel was an Arden as well. I was there when the guy picked it up too.

Theo
9th October 2013, 09:14 PM
You can sleep in a car, but you cant race a house :p

She'll buckle sooner or later.....I hope

The first OPC asyra sold from Adelaide Opel was an Arden as well. I was there when the guy picked it up too.

When I test drove a Astra Sports, there was a guy there with his mate picking up a Arden Blue OPC too... Just wondering if it's one of the Adelaide guys here?

faneca
9th October 2013, 09:29 PM
If they are on here it would have been either MikeS55 or caspers turbo

Also saw this one this morning
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/09/5eqeba2a.jpg

Works out your way Theo but I think he is at the Osborne power plant.

Theo
9th October 2013, 09:40 PM

I'm on leave this week...must keep an eye out for him when I return.

Did you mention to him about the cruise on the weekend?

faneca
9th October 2013, 09:45 PM
Nah I didn't get a chance he was in the deli next to pizzas 4 u on Victoria road being served so I just complimented his choice in car and went back to my car. Will next time tho.

Back OT

Opel have still managed to sell quite a fee cars even with the uncertainty of servicing and warranties even tho that has now been resolved.

caspers turbo
10th October 2013, 09:59 AM
Not me, i picked up on my own-with a big arse grin

MikeS55
10th October 2013, 07:16 PM
She'll buckle sooner or later.....I hope

When I test drove a Astra Sports, there was a guy there with his mate picking up a Arden Blue OPC too... Just wondering if it's one of the Adelaide guys here?

I picked mine up on Friday 14 June. My 23 year old son was with me, as I fact was my daughter, but she left early.

t20569cald
11th October 2013, 02:31 PM
I bought one, and would have whether or not they stayed. The seats sold me, but I ration that given a year or so, it will be a rare car, and should see prices rise a little on the used market, as they will very very hard to come by.
If that does not happen, then I care little, as I will keep this car for a long time, which for me is not usual.

Non standard rims, dark tint and headlight pack all thrown in

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy175/t20569cald/20130807_102915_zps62a103a7.jpg

caspers turbo
11th October 2013, 03:15 PM
sweet looking ride there, love those rims and im with you i was gonna buy regardless and yes we have some rare cars now-not to mention seriously fast head turners, congrats on the purchase, hope you got a great price

t20569cald
11th October 2013, 03:50 PM
sweet looking ride there, love those rims and im with you i was gonna buy regardless and yes we have some rare cars now-not to mention seriously fast head turners, congrats on the purchase, hope you got a great price

Thanks. And yes, I think I got a great price.
I do feel for those that bought a few months earlier though, but these things happen, and hopefully I am correct, and the prices later will not drop so much, making it not so hard to swallow

caspers turbo
11th October 2013, 04:12 PM
yeah i was lucky that mine got delayed till after the announcement, so i ended up with a great price, but yes feel for those that paid full price, i'll be keeping mine for at least 10 years, had my SRiT for close to 9 years now, still have that now as well as the OPC

Milesy
12th October 2013, 02:31 PM
They will be rare...with Opel badging anyway.

I love mine it's by far the best looking and performing hot hatch on the market and with Holden picking up the servicing and warranty it will ensure residuals stay strong for some time to come!

caspers turbo
12th October 2013, 06:06 PM
Fully agree, best looking and hottest of em all, don't think Holden will import them anyway so no badging issues-i kinda hope Holden do't bring them in

and the best Value too, has anyone seen the specs on the new VW GTI, less performance, less optioned and for that you can pay 48k plus, for a car that still looks the same as every other VW GTI-it's a box on wheels

They will be rare...with Opel badging anyway.

I love mine it's by far the best looking and performing hot hatch on the market and with Holden picking up the servicing and warranty it will ensure residuals stay strong for some time to come!

chris_r
12th October 2013, 09:37 PM
In a way, I'd hope that Holden would import them, but keep the Opel name on them. But we know that's just not going to happen. Although, I'm Opel-biased, everything else in the hot-hatch segments looks plain boring and just doesn't seem to bring the same level of performance as the Astra OPC. Other than that, the only other car I'd contemplate purchasing in that particular segment is the Focus ST. It has one big plus most others don't in this area and that's the two extra doors. Something you start to think about a bit more heading in to that time where you're planning on having a family, but you still want something fun to drive when the kids aren't in the car.

One other interesting thing, I wonder what happened to that supposed shipment of Zafiras that were meant to be in transit.

poita
12th October 2013, 10:11 PM
The Zafira thing was discussed somewhere in here before, from memory I think they went to New Zealand

t20569cald
12th October 2013, 11:52 PM
In a way, I'd hope that Holden would import them, but keep the Opel name on them. But we know that's just not going to happen. Although, I'm Opel-biased, everything else in the hot-hatch segments looks plain boring and just doesn't seem to bring the same level of performance as the Astra OPC. Other than that, the only other car I'd contemplate purchasing in that particular segment is the Focus ST. It has one big plus most others don't in this area and that's the two extra doors. Something you start to think about a bit more heading in to that time where you're planning on having a family, but you still want something fun to drive when the kids aren't in the car.

One other interesting thing, I wonder what happened to that supposed shipment of Zafiras that were meant to be in transit.

I drove the ST, and for that reason, it has 4 doors and I have kids. We have a 4WD anyway, but nice to have 2 cars to take the kids in.
(OPC has a baby seat in the back)
ST was great, drove nice and I loved the motor. But it was lacking something. At the price point, it was great, and first on my list.
I then drove the Volvo V40 R-Design, and it was almost perfect. I loved it, and at $66k drive away, was a little more than I wanted to pay, but I was willing to do so if I found nothing better.
I then went to the VW dealer, and sat in a Golf GTI, but declined to drive it, as it was not for me. I just knew it.
Same for a WRX, did not have Bluetooth phone, and sorry, but I expect that, as I use it, and at $44k, it should be there.

Drove the Merc A250 (cant afford the A45 AMG) and I was not impressed with the gear box. It also was trying too hard at being ''funky'' and I would not be happy as an every day driver.
Drove OPC, and put in an offer on it, which was $4k less than the asking. They said no.

Drove the RS 265, and while I did not like the interior, it ticked most other boxes. $49 drive away with a few extras.

So, decided the Volvo was a little pricey, considering their depreciation, Opel did not want to deal, so I was about to buy the Renault.
A phone call offering me the OPC at $10k off stopped that.

Of all, the Opel at the discount was the best, I bought it for the seats alone if the truth be told. It is as good looking as the Renault, goes as hard, but not as composed.
Has a gear box that is not perfect, but a great interior, where I spend 2 hours per day, so I care.. In all, it was the best choice for me, not as practical as I set out to buy, but it was the car I kept coming back to when online.
I have had it for 2 months now, and if I was to chose over again, I would buy it again. If the V40 was the same price however, I would have it, but it is not worth $20k more, so I am more than happy with the OPC.

Theo
12th November 2013, 03:52 PM
Only sold 79 in October... http://www.caradvice.com.au/259267/new-car-sales-figures-october-2013/

chris_r
12th November 2013, 09:03 PM
Not bad for a manufacturer that officially finished sales in September.

Theo
12th November 2013, 09:06 PM
Not to mention a limited number of dealers.

Theo
6th February 2014, 01:31 PM
204 Opels sold in Jan 2014... not bad considering Skoda only sold 220.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/268663/new-car-sales-figures-january-2014/

faneca
6th February 2014, 09:14 PM
I wonder how many are still for sale at dealers. I only remember seeing 2 at Smith's in port Adelaide this morning and there were 7 or so

adam_92
6th February 2014, 09:23 PM
Theres still a few at Southgate. Zafiras, white corsa opc I think and I think an astra gtc. I think the yellow one is gone.

Theo
6th February 2014, 09:24 PM
633 Australia wide
67 in Adelaide
327 in Western Australia though....interesting!!

faneca
6th February 2014, 09:37 PM
Actually saw a zafira on the road last week couldn't believe my eyes!