PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else received parcel from Opel Australia?

jgo
4th September 2013, 01:11 AM
Have had my Astra GTC for 10 weeks now and am still loving it. :thumbs:

Today in my mail there was a small black parcel from Opel, containing a letter confirming that the service plans and roadside assist are still in place, three $299 vouchers for the first three services and an Opel mini USB stick.

The letter also says that they will inform us eventually who our nearest authorised dealer will be to carry out the service.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out....

dutchy
4th September 2013, 01:16 AM
Yeah, most of us got that same box with the usb stick.

Shaun
4th September 2013, 11:58 AM
It will be interesting to see what happens with the remanding stock and who will be the Authorised Service Outlets will be in the Future. Im Think Selected Holden Dealerships will end up with the roll but not all Dealerships.

Theo
4th September 2013, 01:16 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens with the remanding stock and who will be the Authorised Service Outlets will be in the Future. Im Think Selected Holden Dealerships will end up with the roll but not all Dealerships.

not so different when selected Holden Dealerships also become SAAB dealers.

OPC1
4th September 2013, 03:31 PM
I'm still hoping that Nunawading will get to stay as a dealer. Apparently they were still negotiating. If so, I'd be going there. I also got the package today...

Theo
4th September 2013, 03:44 PM
I'm still hoping that Nunawading will get to stay as a dealer. Apparently they were still negotiating. If so, I'd be going there. I also got the package today...

I spoke to Adelaide Opel today regarding a separate issue. they indicated that they will still service my car even after the closure, but will not be able to do any warranty issues as the system they log into will be taken away. I'm a little unsure then what will happen to the capped price servicing if that is the case.

Either way, Adelaide Opel is part of the BMW/Mini group here in Adelaide - so would rather take it there.

PreeCilla
4th September 2013, 09:12 PM
Got mine last week. Pack also included my service vouchers.

Theo
17th September 2013, 10:51 PM
got mine too yesterday.
had to laugh as on the package it had 'your now part of the family'....why is it though I feel like an orphan?

jgo
17th September 2013, 11:20 PM
.....why is it though I feel like an orphan?

Funny that you mention that.....since they closed down, I refer to my car as 'the orphan'.

kabel
18th September 2013, 09:00 AM
got mine too yesterday.
had to laugh as on the package it had 'your now part of the family'....why is it though I feel like an orphan?
Or Kevin from "Home Alone".................Your family left the country and left you behind !