PDA

View Full Version : Model cars, boats, planes... etc

faneca
30th August 2013, 09:41 PM
Hey guys just seeing if anyone knows or is able to help me out.

My misses and I are looking at getting her dad a model of his boat made up at a 1:18 scale with (like the cars) parts that open up and all that.

Basically he loves his boat and we thought it'd be an awesome birthday/ Christmas/ next fathers day pressie lol

So basically wondering if anyone knows of a place that will do something like that and at what sorta cost (my guess is a lot)(Might look at having my cars done too if I can find someone).

I know minichamps, and autoart are decent but yeah

Cheers

Aaron

dutchy
30th August 2013, 09:46 PM
if someone gotta make a one on one copy of that boat, it'll cost you a small fortune in work alone. What sort of boat does he have ?

faneca
30th August 2013, 09:57 PM
Yeah I know it'll cost heap, told the missus that too but figured I'd follow it up to see how much it would cost us then she can't decide what she wants to do,

He has a 2005 Malibu Response go out all the time wake surfing and knee boarding. Good fun

guy 27
30th August 2013, 10:00 PM
my mum had some models made up of a helicopter and truck for an exhibition done a couple of years ago.
was around $5k each.

let me know if you want me to find out the details.
they were hand made.

faneca
30th August 2013, 10:08 PM
my mum had some models made up of a helicopter and truck for an exhibition done a couple of years ago.
was around $5k each.

let me know if you want me to find out the details.
they were hand made.

Yeah that's around the mark I was thinking it'd be lol. Specially seeing as it's a one off thing...

If you could guy that'd be great, doesnt hurt to send a few emails out and find out...

guy 27
30th August 2013, 10:11 PM
will ask when i next speak to her.