PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a 2002 Opel Astra G 16ZE Convertible

Sentech
25th August 2013, 09:12 PM
Good Morning Guys,

I joined this site a few weeks back, thought I'd better fill in a few Gaps.

I'm a Brit living in the Netherlands. A few weeks back I inherited my wife's Opel as I had bought a Chrysler Voyager for her (a two door Opel is a bit impractical with 4 kids ranging from 9 thru 25).

Anyway it only has 138,000km on the clock and is in very good shape if in need of a bit of TLC (the only time I ever saw it before now was when it needed washing or filling .... LMAO).

So far I've fitted new discs front and rear, new tyres, I've bought new headlights (not yet installed), I also have a new exhaust and No2 Lambda sensor on order.

Being an Aircraft Technician and a DIY Nut with an extremely lenient boss, I have access to an Aircraft Hangar and all the tools I could possibly need every weekend.

I'll be picking a few experienced brains on here from time to time as I don't have a workshop manual (apparently Haynes don't do one for the convertible) ............... unless anyone can tell me where I can access a manual for an Opel Astra G 16ZE Convertible ???

Cheers
Chris

dutchy
25th August 2013, 09:45 PM
don't tell me you had a frikandel for lunch today

guy 27
25th August 2013, 09:49 PM
thats not an engine option we got here in australia.

if you're on facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/195630607250833/
i'm sure someone there will have the info you are after.

PreeCilla
3rd September 2013, 07:31 AM
Tell ur 25 year old to get their own car!

Sentech
3rd September 2013, 07:32 PM
Bit of a misunderstanding here:

I'm driving the Opel Cabriolet that my wife had ............ have to admit though the 25 year old has an Opel Astra Station Wagon and the 21 year old has a Peugeot 206 all paid for from the bank of dad.

Guess I'm just a soft touch.

Next problem is the 19 year old ................ he passed his driving test last week ........... LMAO

PreeCilla
3rd September 2013, 07:47 PM
Oh I misread .
What's in the books for the next kid?

adam_92
3rd September 2013, 08:11 PM
Definately a 16ze or a z16se?? My astra van has a z16se 1.6l sohc and the only issue iv had with it is the egr valve.

Sentech
3rd September 2013, 11:01 PM
She's only 9, there's plenty of time for my bank balance to stabilize ............. LMAO