PDA

View Full Version : Opel Monza Concept

Elliot_O
23rd August 2013, 09:34 AM
Not sure if anyone has seen this...

Fair bit of the usual concept car flair, I wonder how much will make it into production.
"The new Opel Monza Concept is 4.69 meters long and 1.31 meters tall. The model has a luggage space of 500 liters. The most dramatic change, besides the new front grille, headlights, taillights, body panels and so on are the gullwing doors, which give access to the airy four-seat cabin, with the entry and exit aided by the absence of the B-pillars. Power is being provided by a 1.0 liter SIDI turbo engine, which has been converted to run on natural gas. The Opel Monza Concept will be officially presented to the public next month, on the 10th of September, during the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show."

http://www.inautonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Opel-Monza-Concept-287509-520x389.jpg

http://www.inautonews.com/opel-monza-concept-officially-unveiled#.UhadeNKnpio

PreeCilla
23rd August 2013, 10:11 AM
1.31m Tall. Some Fast & Furious under a truck action?

Bloodnok
23rd August 2013, 03:28 PM
I wonder how much will make it into production.

I would expect many of the details, but none of the overall design. Expect to see something between cut'n'pasted chunks and 'design influence' appearing in future models. The more adventurous elements (e.g. those gullwing doors that are two rows long) will remain firmly just a concept.

Treat this not like an equivalent of the 2007 GTC coupe concept (which led almost directly to the Insignia OPC, with the only real difference being the reversion to a standard 4 door bodyshell) but instead as an equivalent of the 2003 Insignia concept. If you look at that, you can see the influence on the production insignia - particularly in the style of chrome grille initially used. But other than random styling elements, it shares approximately nothing with the production car...

chris_r
23rd August 2013, 07:59 PM
Whoa, 1.0 litre turbo SIDI engine. Some rocket that would be.