PDA

View Full Version : Good news

Frederik
22nd August 2013, 09:37 PM
Hi all Opel fans - I got a call today to pick up my Arden Blue OPC with AFL & 20" on Tuesday WOW!!! Can’t wait – I saw on the forum that there are a few issues with stone chips - where are the worse affective areas? I was thinking on clear stone chip wrapping. Cheers Frederik :woohoo:

dutchy
22nd August 2013, 09:40 PM
:arf:

guy 27
22nd August 2013, 09:44 PM
congrats :)

hazrd
22nd August 2013, 09:45 PM
Welcome
Just clear wrap the whole front of the car. A few members have done this.

Enjoy the ride

faneca
22nd August 2013, 09:45 PM
Welcome along! Where abouts are you from?
Stone chipping happens on every car, but it is a good idea to get a clear wrap to help protect the paint

Frederik
22nd August 2013, 10:07 PM
I’m from country Victoria Albury/Wodonga and I think I got the only Opel in this region – a mate of mine got a window tinting business here and do Clear Shield paint protection on cars.

Frederik
4th December 2013, 08:58 PM
Hi all - just some feedback on my Astra OPC – got her just over three months done 11000km of pure pleasure - average fuel consumption of 8.6L/100km 90% are country driving use my OPC as my company vehicle. Issues with the OPC well not real issues – paint chips because of some gravel road driving for work put some mud guards on doesn’t look to bad - electrical parking brake fault come up a few times and then a fault came up in the driver information centre “warning suspension need service” it only stay for a minute and only come on once. I replace my air filter with a K&N (thanks to Buchmueller for the right part no) I think my next mod is the Bluefin tune and then thinking of a M-tech shortshifter, are the shortshifter worth it? Last question must you dyno tune your car after install a Bluefin tune? Cheers

nigelh
4th December 2013, 09:55 PM
If you flick the hand brake switch a couple of times or just pump the brake pedal the fault light will go off straight away I think it just comes on when it's slightly out of adjustment and you need to work the rear brakes so it can readjust.

I would make the short shift your next mod it makes the shift feel much more positive and how it should have been from the factory, easy to fit too just don't bother removing the battery. Have a look at the regal/eds ipf I think its a bit more expensive but you get more options of maps and you can have the opc throttle response in all modes which once you get use to it is so much better.