PDA

View Full Version : New Galaxy Flip Phone - Would you buy one?

hazrd
22nd August 2013, 07:59 AM
The concept is cool, not sure I would go back to one if it were to come to Australia, though.....

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-golden-flip-phone-official

Dual 3.7-inch displays, Android 4.2 and TouchWiz, heading to Korea

A week after Samsung announced the W789 Android-powered flip phone for China, we're seeing a higher-end version making its debut in the company's native South Korea. The Samsung Galaxy Golden has two 3.7-inch SuperAMOLED screens — one outside, one inside — alongside a traditional dial pad and call buttons. Powering the device is a 1.7GHz dual-core CPU, and there's also 8-megapixel camera. Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is onboard too, as is Samsung's own TouchWiz software.

Interestingly, the Galaxy Golden comes with many of the features of the Galaxy S4, including S Health, Easy Mode and the Optical Reader app, which can automatically parse business cards using the camera. (If the image above didn't give the game away, Samsung's going for a business-centric theme here.)

The Galaxy Golden will be made available through the SKT and KT carriers, priced at a rather eye-watering 790,000 won ($700.)

poita
22nd August 2013, 10:27 AM
Don't see the point of it tbh.

Would not buy

hazrd
22nd August 2013, 10:46 AM
Agreed
Sounds a bit wanky

Unless the front screen is fully touch with the ability to open it and use the keypad for those who want the best of both worlds I guess

Bloodnok
22nd August 2013, 10:49 AM
Dual screen flip phone? Sounds great ... except, they've put the screens in the wrong place.

I'd want both the screens on the inside, one on each half. But then again, maybe I'm not the target market of this phone...