PDA

View Full Version : Keeping those Astra CD seats clean!

Shazza
8th January 2005, 01:37 AM
Guys & Gals,

If you got a 2002 Spec or newer Astra CD, you know what im talking about! The stupid trim on the seats is shocking!! Every little thing sticks to the seats!

So my question to you all is how the hell do you guys keep the seats clean? Or when cleaning/washing your cars, how do you guys clean the seats without too much hassle?

I know if I were to thoroughly clean them each time I wash the car I'd need the whole day, and then the next day they would be the same! Any ideas, tips, tricks or products that can help???? :?

Bernard Siong
8th January 2005, 01:41 AM
this mite sound dumb
but i work at supercheap auto and i usually look at all the car care products whens i'm bored and maguires have a cloth and trim cleaner
and on the actual bottle theres a picture of the CD astra interior
how funny aye?
i got it but havent had time to try it out yet

imay
8th January 2005, 12:44 PM
Easiest way I have found is:
Wash your car
Chamois it down
Then use the damp (only damp, not wet) good quality chamois to wipe down the seats and door trims. All the fluff will ball up and then you just pick it off.
I don't know of any products that will do anything to make the job easier. I ended up getting sheepskin seat covers on the front but the back seat and door trims are still dirt magnets!

Good luck, and let us know if it works for you.

Anonymous
8th January 2005, 01:02 PM
Easiest way I have found is:
Wash your car
Chamois it down
Then use the damp (only damp, not wet) good quality chamois to wipe down the seats and door trims. All the fluff will ball up and then you just pick it off.
I don't know of any products that will do anything to make the job easier. I ended up getting sheepskin seat covers on the front but the back seat and door trims are still dirt magnets!

Good luck, and let us know if it works for you.

Thats Pretty Much what I do.
Then I go around picking all the other bits off. Its a Prick of a Job, But its my Car so I have to do it :shock:

RK
8th January 2005, 01:19 PM
lint remover. just use that.

Vectracious
11th January 2005, 10:05 AM
I just use my super dooper turbocharged Electrolux Vaccum cleaner (with 1.6kW and HEPA Filter) on full blast and it works a treat.

The Vectra seats are no better either, but because they are grey, you dont see the fluff as much as on the Astra where it stick out like dog's cajoles because the trim is black..... :x