PDA

View Full Version : TS Astra lover

selar
8th August 2013, 09:27 AM
Hi,
New to this forum but have been a long time TS Astra lover. It all started in 2001 when I gave a mate a lift to the dealer to pick up his black TS Astra converrtible. I instantly fell in love with the car and wanted one. The convertible was a bit out of reach for me at the time, so I bought a blue Astra SRi in 2002 which was a blast. Sold the SRi in early 2006 because my wife kept hitting the skirt on the kerb and cracking the foglights. I had customized the SRi by installing leather seats as also painting the black plastic bits to body colour. I then spent the next 6 years regretting the sale and wistfully looking at any TS Astra that passed by.

This year, my daughter needed a car as shes just got her green Ps, so I bought a black TS Astra 2002 manual convertible from a dealer with 1 year warranty. My mechanic says its in good nick and did a major service on it. Daughter doesnt know to drive manual yet, but she wants to learn and had a lesson with an instructor yesterday. So I get to drive it till she learns. :yesnod:

guy 27
8th August 2013, 09:30 AM
Welcome to oa

adam_92
8th August 2013, 09:48 AM
Welcome to opelaus. Where in aus are you?

dutchy
8th August 2013, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the forum.

btm
8th August 2013, 11:25 AM
welcome aboard!

selar
8th August 2013, 02:51 PM
Welcome to opelaus. Where in aus are you?

Thanks all for the welcomes, I am located in Western Sydney.

PreeCilla
9th August 2013, 06:46 AM
Welcome. Someone else from Western Sydeny! YAY!
Your daughter's better off with a few lessons to start with anyway. Plus 1 instructor hour = 3 log book hours.
Best of luck to her!

selar
9th August 2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks, Preecilla, daughter is on green P already, but got it on auto. She's been to one driving lesson already with an instructor for manual. Took her out last night to see how she went, pretty bad. Gave her an ETA of a month!