PDA

View Full Version : What can an Opcom do?

red_man
22nd July 2013, 07:46 PM
Hi all
Great site been watching for a few month now!
Just after some advise on an opcom seen there in eBay for $30 to $40 I mainly want it to reprogram one of my keys back in, but what else can it do?
I have a 2005 ah astra cdxi
Thanks

chris_r
22nd July 2013, 08:16 PM
Read diagnostic codes, clear codes, do certain tests like fuel pump test, injector tests, etc. and monitor live feeds from sensors. You can also print said error codes and "measuring block" readouts to Excel files if you need help with diagnosing not so obvious issues.

mickos
22nd July 2013, 08:45 PM
You can program the doors to lock when driving off, adjust MFD readout the way its displayed, windows to open close with key.
Clear service intervals from dash. Clear codes and program

Adjust cd opera sound for 5 door or 2 door

Handy diagnostic device

red_man
22nd July 2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks think I'll get one and its cheaper then the $250 holden wanted to reprogram the key :)

Seb
25th July 2013, 11:13 PM
Hi...
I have just been given OPCOM but it's in German how do I get it on English lol I'm a technical retard

dutchy
25th July 2013, 11:14 PM
you installed the German software.

gravy258
26th July 2013, 06:00 PM
Hi...
I have just been given OPCOM but it's in German how do I get it on English lol I'm a technical retard

get the english program google opcom china clone software 08/2010, no later or it will f. it.

Saddis
28th July 2013, 01:53 PM
Hi guys, anybody in Sydney with OPCOM?
I have a error codesomething just not right

gravy258
28th July 2013, 01:59 PM
whats the error code

Saddis
28th July 2013, 02:04 PM
Engine management lights on service and coil packs been replaced a month ago.

I'm almost sure it's got something to do with the turbo

faneca
28th July 2013, 02:14 PM
Do the pedaltest and see what the fault code is

Saddis
28th July 2013, 02:16 PM
Now ur talkin in a code lol, I'm all to new at all of this sorry, how do I do a peddle test

faneca
28th July 2013, 02:20 PM
Do a search on the forum for it, it has been discussed many times.

But basically hold the accelerator and brake pedals flat to the floor, turn your key till all the lights come on, engine management light will flash, if it flashes then pauses then flashes you have fault codes there if it jeeps flashing you do t have any. 10 flashes is a zero, 6 flashes is 6 5 flashes is 5 etc

Saddis
28th July 2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks, I'll try that

red_man
28th July 2013, 06:19 PM
Do I need to get a carpass? Is it the same as the radio code?

faneca
28th July 2013, 06:22 PM
Do I need to get a carpass? Is it the same as the radio code?

Depends what your doing with the opcom, and it is different to the radio code, you will have to go through Holden to get the carpass, will be around $25 knowing Holden

red_man
28th July 2013, 06:32 PM
I want to reprogram one of my keys back in so I think I need it. I have all the service books and that but can't find the radio code or carpass. There is a sticker in the front of the owners manual with all these numbers on it but I don't think any of them are it as their 5 and 6 numbers long

faneca
28th July 2013, 06:42 PM
Ahk, I'm not sure where abouts it would be in the owners manual, my mechanics kept my book a few years ago and never got it back so I can't check but I'm sure someone on here would know, chris_r was talking about it a couple of days ago

chris_r
28th July 2013, 10:02 PM
It's usually a little card that comes with the car. There are two ways to obtain the car pass, go to a Holden dealer and pay $25-30 for them to print out a sheet or it is possible to find it with the OPCOM. The second one is iffy, as apparently it's model dependent. I know with the Corsa C, I can go to Body > Instrument > EEPROM Menu and read security code. I'm not sure if it works on other models just yet. I'll find that one out when I plug it into an Astra next week hopefully.

dutchy
28th July 2013, 10:41 PM
It's usually a little card that comes with the car. There are two ways to obtain the car pass, go to a Holden dealer and pay $25-30 for them to print out a sheet or it is possible to find it with the OPCOM. The second one is iffy, as apparently it's model dependent. I know with the Corsa C, I can go to Body > Instrument > EEPROM Menu and read security code. I'm not sure if it works on other models just yet. I'll find that one out when I plug it into an Astra next week hopefully.

I tried that on 2 astra's before and could not enter the eeprom menu.

red_man
16th August 2013, 09:46 AM
Got my opcom yesterday works a treat :) very happy with it but it looks like I'm up for a new key. Does anyone know the best place to get one?

hazrd
16th August 2013, 09:48 AM
eBay is the best place mate. Try to steer clear from the local Holden dealer unless you have deep pockets.

Saddis
16th August 2013, 09:57 AM
Where did u get OP COM from, and I no5icee there's a few Other code readers on ebay, is op com the best affordable 1

hazrd
16th August 2013, 10:25 AM
Opcom is specific to Opel cars. The other code readers you are finding are more than likely the universal OBD2 type readers

Saddis
16th August 2013, 11:09 AM
I have op com but it's soooo difficult to install

hazrd
16th August 2013, 11:49 AM
Yeah, they dont make it easy. Works perfect in Windows XP. But, If you are running Windows 7, you have to run it in compatibility mode.

red_man
16th August 2013, 01:39 PM
I have windows 7 installing it was easy I just followed a video on you tube. the hardest bit was getting the activation code for the program

gravy258
18th August 2013, 06:47 PM
Got my opcom yesterday works a treat :) very happy with it but it looks like I'm up for a new key. Does anyone know the best place to get one?

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?31367-Opel-logo-Astra-H-spare-key-suppliers&p=712950&highlight=#post712950

the ebay guy for key cutting doesn't appear on the link

irYobYetaMis
23rd August 2013, 10:47 PM
Guys, this guy in the U.K is very well known amongst many many Vx sites, I have his unit and it works a treat. He can also install for you using Teamviewer 8. The unit is very good and price also good, of course I don't know how much post would be to you guys, but all I can do is highly recommend him.

http://op-com.weebly.com/ he is on the likes of vvoc.com under username 'furby' amongst other sites.

dutchy
24th August 2013, 09:50 AM
I used one for years which I bought for a third of that price off ebay. A china clone but worked very well.

irYobYetaMis
25th August 2013, 06:01 PM
Well if you're happy with that then all is good huh. China clones don't do all that this can and can be hit n miss. Personally I know which one I would get, one with outstanding customer service and able to upload latest software etc etc. And no, I don't have shares in this lol.

chris_r
25th August 2013, 06:15 PM
Well if you're happy with that then all is good huh. China clones don't do all that this can and can be hit n miss. Personally I know which one I would get, one with outstanding customer service and able to upload latest software etc etc. And no, I don't have shares in this lol.

True, you get what you pay for. And in the case of the cloned OP-COMs, I've had one for about four or five years now. Cost me about $60 at the time, but it's well and truly paid for itself. Main thing is the software, you've pretty much gotta use what comes with the cloned OP-COM itself. Sure, I'd love to spend the money and buy the real thing, but I don't use mine often enough to justify the expense, although I'm sure it's an excellent piece of equipment.

dutchy
25th August 2013, 08:15 PM

hear what you say mate. i must have been lucky then with the unit i bought as i have used it for 5 years or so without any issues whatsoever, all software was working, all options that an opcom can do worked and it now lives on in the toolbox of another member.