PDA

View Full Version : hello from Vic

bba2002moe
16th July 2013, 10:33 PM
Hey guys, i just wanted to introduce myself. i am new to the forum

adam_92
16th July 2013, 10:37 PM
Welcome to opelaus. What are you driving?

guy 27
16th July 2013, 10:39 PM
Welcome to oa

dutchy
16th July 2013, 10:46 PM
Welcome to the forum.

bba2002moe
16th July 2013, 10:55 PM
Thanks guys. I am driving a 2007 Holden Astra SRi but I am planning to get an Opel astra Sport before the end of the year. Anyone driving 1.6L Turbo, manual? How is it

dutchy
16th July 2013, 11:31 PM
Thanks guys. I am driving a 2007 Holden Astra SRi but I am planning to get an Opel astra Sport before the end of the year. Anyone driving 1.6L Turbo, manual? How is it

I am driving the sports, 1.6t in manual with upgraded wheels, afl lights and flexride suspension. It's a real nice car to drive, no remarks about that. Plenty of boot space. The only thing I wish for is some more power. I came from a whole different car though with loads more power but for now, this will do. Drove a 1.4 automatic I got on loan from the dealer in standard version which wasn't a bad car either for that money but am not keen on the cloth seats. You looking at a gtc 3 door or the 5 door Astra ?

bba2002moe
16th July 2013, 11:48 PM
I am thinking 5 door Sport(the one on my profile pic) with the lot(19',AFl+,flexiride). I am yet to test drive it. If OPC was 5 door would definitely get it. I have a baby so 3 door wouldn't suit. Does window tint come standard?

dutchy
17th July 2013, 12:19 AM
also bought it for the baby. got possibly the largest single pram available and it fits in the boot without any problems (even with bassinet attached !) so that was a big plus for me. Also the capsule fits just fine backwards with still enough space for the front passenger. Once over a certain weight, the capsule can turn anyway which saves up more space. I also said to Opel Brisbane that if they could deliver me an Astra OPC in 5 door, I'll rather have that (or alternatively put the engine out of an OPC in this Astra......) Anyway, am pretty happy with it and it goes well. Windows do not come tinted as standard but a few dollars will fix that.

bba2002moe
17th July 2013, 07:01 AM
also bought it for the baby. got possibly the largest single pram available and it fits in the boot without any problems (even with bassinet attached !) so that was a big plus for me. Also the capsule fits just fine backwards with still enough space for the front passenger. Once over a certain weight, the capsule can turn anyway which saves up more space. I also said to Opel Brisbane that if they could deliver me an Astra OPC in 5 door, I'll rather have that (or alternatively put the engine out of an OPC in this Astra......) Anyway, am pretty happy with it and it goes well. Windows do not come tinted as standard but a few dollars will fix that.
Hahaha, i like "put 206kw engine into Astra sport part", that would be awesome. Thanks for the info guys, i spoke to one dealer in Melbourne so i should go for a test drive within the next month. I live 3 hrs from Melbourne, there are no Opel dealers in the yet. I'll keep you guys posted

btm
17th July 2013, 10:23 AM
welcome aboard!