PDA

View Full Version : Random Breath Testing

NXA-16H
6th January 2005, 03:39 PM
A Friend of mine was breathalised last saturday night/sunday morning-

But this time they didnt ask for his licence- They asked him to say his name and address into a machine type of small box.

It still measures alcohol reading which is fine- But name and address?

I dont know if this is recorded or not- What's the meaning of that??? Big Brother?? I'd rather flash my Driver's License.

Anyone else heard of it?

David
http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/album_pic.php?pic_id=467

Anonymous
6th January 2005, 03:57 PM
u been watching too many conspiracy theory movies....

all it does it is measures the alcohol in ur breath when u talk... i had to count 1 to 10 when i got tested the other nite....

it has the same principal behind it as the old ones... just not having to waste money on tubes now....

simple

ultim8DTM5
6th January 2005, 07:49 PM
Yep I had to do the same, but say 1-2-3. Its a new one that is really quick, no tubes at all.

Then again, I got tested 3 times in 2 days :oops:

nicecar
7th January 2005, 01:39 AM
3 times in 2 days!!!

I have been driving 11 years in UK - never tested
2 years in Perth, tested twice :P

woody
7th January 2005, 10:09 AM
Was never tested in the UK but had my car searched 12 times in 3 months.. i think they thought i was running drugs of guns or something!!

Been breathalised 3 times in 8 years over here but not seen these new breathalisers yet. Never had to provide any details either.

nicecar
8th January 2005, 01:27 AM
Hello woody, what car did you have in the UK to get it searched 12 times in 3 months - Must have been a hot hatch, I just have average cars as insurance so expensive and never stopped.