PDA

View Full Version : Help

4banginbarina
15th July 2013, 11:01 PM
I own a Holden Barina 2002 sri (Opel corsa)
I'm currently on my p plates and would like to know any modifications i could add to it to give it the extra Kw/ without adding turbo etc.. (I'm planning on adding turbo in future) but anything i could do to add the extra kw :)

faneca
15th July 2013, 11:23 PM
Best thing you can do, and what I'd suggest doing first is upgrade suspension and brakes.

adam_92
16th July 2013, 11:37 AM
Best thing you can do, and what I'd suggest doing first is upgrade suspension and brakes.

+1. Start with this and live with the power you have for now until you can upgrade power properly. Then when the time comes to upgrade power, your brakes and suspension is setup to take it

chris_r
16th July 2013, 12:46 PM
You won't get much out of the Z18 without having to fit forced induction and aftermarket ECU or big cams and individual throttle bodies. However, little things like de-restricting the airbox and fitting a Vectra C diesel intake pipe will slightly improve throttle response along with a decent panel filter.

Oh and decent servicing helps too. Use a good quality oil and filter, as well as new plugs if you need them. Also, Z18 engines need the throttle body cleaned on a regular basis, as they're prone to building up crud around the butterfly that will make it run like a bag of crap.